XLVIII・Birthday Girl

Diamond

"Diamond, baby...Wake up." I heard Odell speak softly while shaking me gently. My eyes slowly opened and when they landed on my boyfriend Odell, my lips curled into a warm smile.

"Morning beautiful. Happy birthday." He greeted and smiled. I sat up and reached to give him a hug.

"Thank you baby." I said before sniffing the air. My eyebrows knitted together as I tried to figure out what was that pleasant smell.

"Oh, I made you your favorite breakfast." Odell chuckled and grabbed the tray that was filled with my favorite breakfast foods. I set it on my lap as my smile became wider.

"Aww, thank you so much." I thanked him. He just chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"No problem. When you're finished, get yourself cleaned up and put on some clothes. I'm taking you somewhere." He said.

I looked at him and slightly tilted my head to the side, "Where are you taking me Odell?"

"Don't worry. Just hurry up." He smiled before walking out the room, leaving me by myself.

--

After I finished my breakfast and did my hygiene, I got dressed and went downstairs to see Odell sitting on the couch on his phone. When he heard my footsteps, he look up and put his phone in his pocket. He stood up and walked over to me, taking my hand.

"Ready to go?" He asked. I nodded my head and we both walked out the house. I got into the passenger seat of his car while he got in the drivers.

He stuck the key in the ignition and turned on the radio before backing out the driveway.

As Odell was driving, I turned to him and asked, "Baby, where are we going?"

He glanced at me and focused back on the road, "You really wanna know?"

"Duh. I wanted to know since this morning!" I said giggling a bit.

"Alright." He sighed, "We're going to the skating rink." When he said that my eyes went wide. I hated skating. I couldn't skate even if my life depended on it.

"Odell, no! I don't wanna go skating! You know I can't skate!" I exclaimed, looking at him crazily.

"That's why Ima' teach you ma." He flashed me an assuring smile. Before I could protest, he pulled into the skating rink parking lot. He parked the car in a space, causing me to groan loudly.

Odell took the key out the ignition and placed his hand on my left thigh, getting my attention. I turned my head to him and looked in his eyes.

"C'mon ma. It's not that bad." He said as he began to rub my thighs up and down. I nodded my head and pouted.

I know I'm acting like a little kid right now, but I don't care.

"Yes it is. You know I can't skate. Ima' fall and bust my ass."

"No you're not. I got you. Let's go inside." He unbuckled his seatbelt and got out the car. I did the same and closed the door once I was out. We both walked inside the rink to hear some loud music. We paid for admission before going inside the actual rink.