Chapter One : "Discovery"

Three months have passed since Captain Weaver announced to everyone that Dad was taken to the enemy's spaceship. And then two days after , they attacked us at the school. We're like a group chickens trying to escape a pack of lions, I saw tons of people die right in front of my eyes. It's so hard especially when you know you can't do anything to stop it.

 Uncle Scott, Sarah & her baby and Kate , they're all dead. We barely made it out of fitchburg and since then , we've been on the run , moving one place to another , trying our best not to get killed. I always think of Dad, wondering if he's coming back or if he's alive at all.

 Lots of things have changed since then. I decided to embrace the powers that the harness gave to me and use it to fight the aliens. I'm one of the soldiers now, along with my older brother Hal.

 "Hey Ben" I heard Matt called.

 "What?" I asked.

 "Anne wants to know if we could all eat dinner together at the bus"

 Dr. Glass tried her best to become our second mother. Every spare time that she have , she always uses it to check on us. "Sure" I said and then smiled him. He then ran away back to the bus.

 "Let's go?" I turned around and saw Jimmy. We hunt skitters whenever we're on patrol , it's time to kill them. Time for revenge.

 We went out of the perimeter line and spotted a group of skitters, "ready?" I asked him.

 "Yeah" he said and then pointed the sniper gun to them. "3.. 2.. 1.." he whispered and then one skitter is down , another shot and the second one is dead. The rest of skitters were able to escape from us.

 "Nice shot!" I told him and then he went to the dead skitters. "Look at these ugly monsters" he said while pointing at one of the dead aliens.

 Then something moved in the bushes, I quickly pointed my gun at it , ready to shoot. But then the movement stopped so I took a look at it , only to see a girl lying unconscious.

 "Jimmy!" I shouted and then he came to me.

 "What?"

 "We should bring her to the camp" I told him and we tried to carry her back to the camp. I noticed her beautiful face , long blonde hair and pink lips.

 "Anne!!" I called to her when we got into the bus.

 "What Ben?" she asked.

 I showed her the girl and she immediately told me to put her on the bed , she's not harnessed that means it's either she's sick or Jimmy accidentally shot her. I hope that she's just sick. "Where'd you found her?" she asked.

 Jimmy looked at me , if we tell her that we found the girl while we're out of the perimeters, we'll be toast. "Uh .. she came in the perimeter and just collapsed" I told her as she's checking the girl's vitals.

 "Okay, you can now leave" she said and then we left the bus. "That was close" Jimmy said. "Yeah .. I just hope she's okay" I told him.