Chapter Three : "First Week"

Allison's P.O.V

 It's been a week since I came here in the 2nd Mass. They kept asking me if I know where did the aliens took my brother but I couldn't say anything. The last time I saw him is when he went out of our hiding place with a friend to find food with some of the older people , but only one of them was able to come back. He told us that they were attacked , they took my brother Cody and his friend and then killed everyone else. He barely escaped the ambush , he was able to go back to our place but then he died a few hours later because of the wounds he got.

 Then that evening , an alien group came and tore apart our camp. People are just running everywhere and getting shot and killed. I was able to run into the woods , I didn't stopped walking until I passed out in the grass. And that is where Ben found me. I'm in a safe place but I don't feel safe enough as long as my brother is not here.

 I decided to help with everyday doings in here , I'm not used to not doing anything even before the aliens came, I've always been on the move. Dr. Glass and Lourdes agreed to have me as an assistant in the clinic, while Maggie is giving me gun lessons whenever she comes back from patrol. I was in the bus that morning when Matt came.

 "Hey" he said and then sat at one of the chairs. "Hi Matt" I said to him and then smiled. "So how's your first week?" he asked.

 "It's good. I miss my brother but I don't know where he is so all I could do is hope he's okay"

 "We're gonna find hm . Maybe not now , but someday we will" he said.

 "Thanks Matt" I said and then went to the medicine cabinet to give one of the patients Ibuprofen. "Where's Dr. Glass and Lourdes?" he then asked.

 "They went to Captain Weaver , med supplies are running low. Maybe they're arranging a plan to get some more" I told him. He then got up and went to play with some kids outside.

 "Hey Allison" I turned around and saw Lourdes standing at the door. She said she'll take the duty for nor and I can take a break if I want to. I got out of the bus to get some fresh air when I saw Ben sitting at the back of a truck, cleaning his guns. He's been avoiding me the whole week and I don't know why.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

 The week's been great. Me and Jimmy were able to kill at least a dozen of skitters on our patrols this week.

 "Hey Ben" someone called.

 I looked on and saw it's Allison. "Hi" I said and then smiled at her. "How's it going?" she asked. "Good" I said. I'm doing my best not to make an eye contact with her since I've been pretty distracted since she came here. If this is what the people say "crush" then I guess it's like that.  As much as my heart's beating so mad whenever she's around, I must stay focused. We're slowly turning this war to the aliens , I can't let her into my life , I don't want her to get hurt.

 "So, you've been avoiding me this whole week" she suddenly said and then sat beside me.

 "No I don't . I'm just ... busy"

 "What's that in your back?" she suddenly asked and then pointed at my spikes. "I was harnessed , then my Dad and the soldiers here in the 2nd Mass helped to rescue me. When they removed the parasite , the spikes remained" I told her. But to my surprise, she didn't express any sign of disgust towards the fact that I have spikes poking out of my back.

 "So how's your first week?" I asked.

 "It's good. I wish I have my brother here with me but I know I'm gotta get him back" she said and then got up.

 "We'll do our best" I told her and then smiled.

 "I know you will" she said and then started to walk away. I continued on cleaning my gun, but then she came back just to say "I know I don't know you that much. All I know is your name but , take care always . I'm really happy you're saved" and then walked back to the bus.