Chapter Thirty Five : "Pregnancy Perils"

Allison's P.O.V

 "Allison?" I opened my eyes and saw Cody looking down on me , when he saw that I'm awake .. he smiled. "What happened?" I asked him and then sat up.

 "We found you unconscious on the room near Karen's . You didn't talked to her did you?

 "No. I was just feeling bad all day. How long have I been asleep?"

 "Couple of hours. It's morning already" he said so I looked to the window and saw the sun rising. "I've been out for that long? Gosh" I said and then got out of the bed.

 "I'm going outside , do you want anything to eat?" he asked.

 "Nah I'm good, I'll just see you later" I said and so he left the room. "Allison , how are you feeling?" I turned around and saw Lourdes.

 "I'm good. Just fell dizzy yesterday" I said and then smiled at her.

 I never collapsed in such a long time. The last time it happened is when I still have my heart condition. "Crap" I thought to myself , what if it came back?.

 "Umm. Lourdes , you do have a background when it comes to pregnancy right?"

 "No. I'm supposed to be Pre-Med. Just got diverted after the attacks but I'll see what I can do. What do you wanna ask?"

 "If you know. I had a heart condition when I was younger is it possible that me being pregnant brought it back?"

 "I don't know. I'm sorry. I've heard of allergies being triggered. But a heart condition?. You're the first. Why? Is it back?"

 "I don't know. But promise me , no one can know about this. Even Ben so please don't say it to him"

 "Okay I won't but if things get worse , I might have to"

 "Fine" I said and then she walked away. I hope it's not back.

====================================================

 I saw Karen looking out of the window. "What are you doing?" I asked her and then put the bowl of food on the table.

 "Just looking at the trees. Ben, have you noticed how our eyes are now able to see tiny details such as the raindrops? the tiniest insects flying around?. It's amazing , you know I'm finally starting to realize that maybe it's not bad at all. At least we gained power" she said and then smiled at me.

 "Fine" I said and then sat at one of the chairs.

 "So where are we going after this?" she asked and then went for the bowl of food and started eating. "I don't know. They won't tell me" I said.

 "Is it because you're harnessed? Guess I'd better get used to that too"

 "Yeah. It's not really fun to be called "Razorback" or "Coat hanger" I said and then smiled at her. "Really? That's what they call you?"

 "It's my face but yeah" I said and she laughed. Maybe I was wrong , maybe she is done with them after all.

 "Oh there's one more thing I want you to see" she said and then put the bowl on the table and stood up.

 "Woah what is it?" I asked and stood up too. She reached for the bottom of the bed and she lifted it. "This , always a cool party trick right?" she said and then looked at me.

 "Drop it" I said and then rushed to her. so she did but then something happened. I felt this strong connection with her , almost similar to the one I felt with Allison the night of her birthday.

 "What's going on?" I asked her.

 "I don't know" she said. Our eyes are gazing into each other. I can feel her leaning in , I know it's wrong but it feels so right. She moved closer and closer until our lips met. We kissed.

 "What the hell?" we both looked to the door and saw Hal standing right in front of us. I quickly ran out of the room and saw Karen fell to the floor.

 "Come back here Ben!" Hal shouted but I continued on running.

============================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 "Hey" I said to Anne while I'm still on the clinic. "Hi, how are you feeling?" she asked , smiling at me. I call her "Anne" now since she said it's okay , she also mentioned that I could treat her as my mom if I wanted to.

 "I'm good. I just have to ask you a few questions"

 "Okay what is it?" she asked and then we moved to an empty room.

 "I think the reason why I collapsed has something to do with my pregnancy and my history of a heart condition. Is it possible that maybe the pregnancy triggered it?" I asked her,

 "I know allergies can be triggered by pregnancy most of the time. But yeah I think it's possible. Why? Do you think it's back?"

 "Yes" I answered. I'm now more terrified that ever. Being pregnant while having a heart condition is very dangerous for the baby and the mother. My baby could die , I could die .. heck we can both die.

 "Then you're in danger" she said.

 "Umm ... can we keep this a secret just for now? Please , just until we reach Charleston?"

 "Fine .. but I'll keep my eye on you"

 "Okay" I said and then smiled at her. How am I gonna tell Ben about this? We're not even okay yet and there's another hurdle already?

 As soon as we got out of the room I saw Hal walking towards me. "Allison?" he called out. "Yeah?" I said,

 "It's Ben .. he kissed Karen" he said. My heart sunk , why Ben? Why?