Chapter Fourty Eight : "Mrs. Mason"

First of all, i'd like to thank all of you for the great response on the last chapter. 13 votes??? that's a new record for me , lol. But yeah thank you very much :))))))))))

 Note: I have a specific song in my mind when I wrote this. The song is "Heart by Heart" sung by Demi Lovato. Listen to the song to get the exact feeling of the chapter, and if you don't , well it's okay :)

****

"You made me the happiest man alive" I whispered to her ears as we both stood up. I looked at her face and never saw her this happy. This is the reason why I can't live without her, I love Allison way too much. I kissed her one more time and looked at the ring on her finger, it fits her perfectly .. it seems like it was made just for her.

 "Ben ... I can't believe this" she said while still crying tears of joy. "I love you" I said to her. "I love you too" she replied and I wiped the tears away from her eyes. This moment right here, is the most perfect moment I've been in. I have my family right here in my arms, Allison ... and my baby.

 "Allison Scott-Mason .. sounds good" I whispered and she smiled. "Agreed" she replied. Suddenly, we saw a flash of light ran through the room. We laid flat on the floor, I'm still holding her in my arms. "The Mech is just passing by" I said and right after it left, we returned to the couch.

 "So Ben my love, what will be the name of our baby?" Allison asked.

 "What do you want?" I asked her.

 "I am thinking of  Ben jr." she uttered.

 "Oh God no" I said and she laughed. "I'm just kidding, if it's a boy .. I want the name to be either Caleb or Charlie, and if it's a girl .. I want Cece or Courtney" she uttered and I smiled , those are beautiful names.

 "You hate the letter "C" don't you?" I asked and she smiled and said "They're great names".

 "I know" I replied.

 "So what names would you want?" Allison then asked after a few moments.

 "Same as yours" I said and then hugged her tighter. "How are we gonna get married? You're 15 , i'll go to jail" she uttered.

 "Allison, do you think in a world like this, age requirement is one of their priorities?"

 "No" she said and then smiled.

 "We might have to leave this place an hour from now. It's better to travel in the dark" I said.

 "Okay. But I wanna cuddle for the next hour if that's alright"

 "Whatever you want princess" I said and then she kissed me.

====================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 Is this really happening? who would have thought a girl will get engaged during an alien war? But then again, there's no such thing as 'weird' or 'strange' anymore. I should be happy, I'm with Ben. The concern about my own health was pushed at the back of my mind the moment he asked me to marry him.

 I felt this overwhelming sense of hope at that moment. I saw a real chance that everything will get better.

 "Put the woods in there" Ben said while we're trying to clear the entrance to a cave. We left the house an hour after he proposed to me. He also said that we should only bring at least 3 cans of food and leave some of our clothes as they will be dead weight once we get into another trouble.

 Thankfully, we have another set of guns that's why we still have our weapons. "Okay" I uttered and then pushed aside the small branches. The sun has just risen and the skitters, Mechs and harnessed kids will be on the road again. It's unsafe to be out in broad daylight that's why we returned to the woods.

 I think we were at least 25 miles away from the house. Ben had to carry me on his back though because I can't walk that long.

 "I'll just gather some water on the nearby lake" Ben uttered.

 "Okay I'll just stay here" I said and then he brought down his bag and walked out of the cave carrying a jug.

 As soon as he left, I removed the ring and put it on my pocket. I don't wanna risk losing it. I gathered some of the small branches and brought them near the entrance to be some kind of a cover when I heard someone call my name.

 I turned around and looked at the darkness behind me, there's no one here.

 "Allison?" I turned around once again and there's no one.

 "It's just your imagination" I thought to myself.

 "Allison?" I turned around once again and a figure came out of the darkness, my heart suck when I saw who it is.

 "Mo-Mom?" I asked, shivering.

========================================================

 Hours have passed and I still can't remove the smile on my face, Allison is now my fiancee. I'm not sure if Dad will be a big fan of the idea but I hope it's okay with him. I walked to the lake and started transferring water to my jug. I looked on the far side and realized that's the place where our car crashed.

 It's amazing how we survived it. I'll be forever thankful to Allison for saving me, if it wasn't for her I would have died by now.

 Suddenly, I felt an alien presence so I turned around but didn't see anyone. It's not Red Eye, this one is much stronger.

 "Ben .." It's Karen. "Oh Shit" I thought to myself as I'm looking around. She's talking to me from a distance.

 "Karen" I uttered and I heard a slight laugh.

 "You left Allison in the cave" she said and I immediately dropped the jug and started running back. Karen knows she's there, I have to get to Allison.

====================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 Mom's wearing a long white dress and at that moment, I knew she's dead. "I miss you" I said to her just as another tear escaped out of my eyes.

 "Don't cry honey. I miss you too" she said and then smiled. I reached for he face but felt nothing. "It's okay. I know what happened to you just now. I'm very happy that you met him .. he loves you so much" she uttered

 "I know" I said and then smiled.

 "And my grandchild, take care of him" she said.

 "Him?"

 "Your baby is a boy Allison" she said.

 "I love you Mom"

 "I love you too. How's your brother?"

 "He's good" I replied.

 "I have to go now. Take care of your brother and of course , take care of yourself. I'll just be around , guiding you always" she said and then drifted away and disappeared into a smoke. I broke down, I miss her so much and I'll do anything to see her again even just for another 5 minutes.

 "Allison??!!" I turned around and saw Ben running towards me. "What's going on? Are you okay?" he asked as I got up.

 "Yeah"

 "Where's your ring?"

 "It's in my pocket, I don't wanna lose it" I replied.

 "What happened? Why are you crying?"

 "I saw my mom"

 "Where is she?"

"It's ... her ghost" I replied much to his shock. I'm still too petrified to tell him that Mom already knows the gender of my baby. Ben then took me in his arms and hugged me tightly.

 "She's looking down on us" he whispered.

 "I know" I replied and saw him smile.

=================

 That's it guys :) ^.^ . They're Charleston trip is coming so make sure you read it :). Please tell me what you think :) 6 votes = Next Update