Chapter Twenty : "Just a bit too broken ..."

Allison's P.O.V

 Days have passed since Jimmy's death. We relocated at a new site , about 100 miles east of the previous one. Things are slowly going back to normal, except for Ben. He's been distant the past few days , my heart is just breaking for him.

 I told Cody to always stay in the bus as I'll be pretty busy trying to make Ben feel better. I had a talk with his Dad about certain things , he asked me to never give up on Ben , of course I won't.

 Every night , he escapes the camp and run into the city. He's probably killing more skitters. What's not good is , he literally pushed me away when I'm just trying to be there for him.

 He's isolating himself from everyone , I can't blame him though. Everyone thinks he killed Jimmy, that there's no aliens in that area.

 I was fixing a tent with Maggie when I saw him walking away. I looked at Maggie and then she nodded. I ran after him but I think he heard me that's why he ran faster, up to the point where I don't know where he went.

 "Ben , please let me fix you" I whispered to myself and walked back to the camp. "Where is he?" Maggie then asked.

 "I don't know , he's pretty fast" I said and then she just hugged me.

 I spent the whole day looking for him , worrying about him. It's past 9:00 pm and a group of people consisting of Hal, Mr. Mason, Dai, Anthony, Maggie and I started to look for him in the city. We're all worried about him.

 We all went in different ways in order to find him faster. Hal's afraid that he might have completely ran away from all of us. I don't know how long I've been walking alone. There's no signs of skitters around, they all must have been on the other side of the city.

 "Where are you?" I whispered to myself. Then I caught a small amount of light inside one of the houses. I readied my gun and slowly moved to the window and looked. It's him , sitting alone.

 "Ben" I said and then ran towards the room.

 He's quite startled but then just sighed when he saw me.

 "What are you doing here?" he asked.

 "We're all looking for you. We're worried Ben" I said and then sat beside him.

 "Why? I deserve to be alone"

 "No you don't . And we're your family .. I'm your partner. We'll always be here .. I'll always be here" I said and then looked at him , his eyes are still quite red from all the crying.

 "Just leave" he then said and got up.

 "No" I said and he started walking away.

 "I said just leave!!" he shouted and turned to me. I got up and hugged him really tight. "It's okay Ben .. I'm always gonna be here" I said and then looked at him.

 He started breaking down again, we both fell down to the floor. He's hugging me very tight .. he's crying once more. I can't help it , I felt tears pouring down my face. I can't stand seeing him this broken .. I just can't.

 A few minutes afterwards , the others arrived and we we're able to convince him to go back to camp. I know this is not the end of it , but I'm gonna make sure I'll be there for him on each step of the way.