Chapter Thirty Six : "Brainwashed"

I ran as fast as I could towards the forest. "Why the hell did you do that Ben?" I asked myself. I looked back and saw that no one is coming for me.

 Hal is furious at me because of what I did , how am I gonna return now?. I continued running when all of a sudden I felt my spikes glowing.

 I stopped on my tracks only to see Red Eye come out of the bushes. "It's time" that the message he transmitted to me. I nodded at him and then he took off. Something big will happen soon and we don't have enough time. i need to gather other kids like me and ask them to join the fight.

============================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 "Why the hell would he kiss Karen?" I asked Hal and then stood up. "I don't know .. maybe it has something to do with the rebel movement he's building. I knew it .. damn it!" he said.

 "Hal .."

 "What?"

 "Look for Ben"

 "Why?"

 "He's in danger"

 "No. Karen's in danger with him"

 "Just do what I say. Trust me on this one" I said and so he nodded and ran out of the room. I looked at Anne and saw how worried she is. "What are you planning to do?" she asked. "I'll do something so she won't repeat it again" I said and then left the room.

 After a few minutes of looking for her , I saw Maggie walking outside. "Maggie!" I called out to her.  "What is it?"s he asked and then stopped walking. I pulled her inside an outside storage room and locked the door.

 "Okay then?" she said.

 "We can't talk outside. Karen will hear us"

 "Fine what happened?" she asked.

 "Ben kissed her"

 "What?"

 "I know" I said.

 "I'm sure he didn't do it in purpose" Maggie said while trying to comfort me. I'm hurt, I'll admit. It's never okay to know that the boy you love kisses someone else.

 "We have to do the plan" I said to her.

 "Are you sure?"

 "Yeah" I said.

 "Okay. I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile, you stay away from her okay?. Don't come near her" Maggie said and so I nodded.

 "See you late" she said and then opened the door and walked away. "You are going down Karen" I thought to myself.

======================================================

 Several hours have passed and it's finally night time. I quickly sneaked in to the camp and went straight to Karen to apologize. As soon as I got there I saw Maggie and Karen lying on the ground.

 "What happened?" I asked Karen and then she sat up.

 "She just came here and tried to kill me. Ben, let's get out of here" she said. I looked to the unconscious Maggie , how can she do this to Karen.

 "Okay" I said to her and then we ran out of the room and went all the way to the rooftop. "Can you feel it?" she asked.

 "Yes" I said, looking at her. There are skitters nearby , Red Eye is just near .. he'll help us. I know he will. We walked towards the end and she held my hands.

 "Ben!" I turned around and saw Hal standing with Allison. "Come back here Ben please" Allison pleaded. But if we stay , they'll hurt Karen .. I know they will.

 "I'm sorry" I told them and then we jumped off the building and quickly ran to the woods. As soon as we were able to take some cover , I turned around and saw Allison standing at the very edge of the building. "I'm sorry Allison" I thought to myself, I hope she'll understand.

 "Come on Ben!" Karen called out and so I ran after her.

======================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 We are too late. Karen already got him. If it wasn't for an injured Pope and Anthony , none of our speculations would have been confirmed. Anthony confirmed that it is Karen who attacked them while they're on mission. And that they have to walk all the way here that's why it took them two days.

 "Check on Maggie" I told Hal and so he left to see if Maggie's okay. I looked to the forest. "Ben , why?" I thought to myself. The rescue team will be out anytime now. I hope they'll be able to bring him back.

 I turned around and started walking back when I felt it again , the similar dizzy feeling that happened yesterday. But something happened that scared me to the bones. I looked around and saw all the tiny stones floating on the air. They're all hovering right above the ground. "What the hell?" I asked.

 And as soon as I saw Lourdes right on the rooftop door, the stones fell to the ground. "Oh my God" Lourdes uttered and then ran to me just in time when everything went black again.

 ==========================

 Sorry it's short , but I'm saving the good parts for the next chapter so make sure you read them okay ? :) What do you think about this chapter ?