Chapter Thirty Two : "Parental Guidance"

Allison's P.O.V

 A few weeks have passed. Captain Weaver had a wake up call a several days ago about the current state of the 2nd Mass. He said when they started , they are 300 but now they are only 178 so he decided that it will be best to check out Charleston, South Carolina. Just like what the lady in the plane said over a month ago.

 We settled in on a new camp , at a secluded hospital surrounded by the woods. Jamil, Lourdes's boyfriend was able to power up the generator .. it's nice to have some sense of normality even just for a short time.

 Cody is learning to live with the spikes on his back. As for me and Ben , we are on speaking terms but we do fight a lot lately. He did changed after he heard the news about me being pregnant , this is what I'm so afraid of.

 I've been feeling the full effects of being pregnant lately, mood swings to be exact. The days go by as usual, we do missions and stuffs like that.

 I've also been trying my best to stay away from Ben. I know he only wants the best for me , but something very wrong happened that morning he gripped my arm really tight. I looked to his eyes and saw nothing but pain and hatred. I'd like to think that's not because of the baby I'm carrying but I can't help to blame myself. Everyone have noticed it , he's gone dark again after knowing that I'm pregnant.

 "Are you okay?" I turned around and saw Lourdes standing behind me.

 "Yeah" I said and then smiled at her.

 "You're crying again" Lourdes uttered and then handed me a handkerchief.

 "Are you and Ben okay now?"

 "I don't know. As long as there's a baby, I don't think we will be"

 "You two are gonna be fine , he's just in shock. He's only 15 .. just like you said"

 "Well he's been in shock for more than a month now" I said and then Matt and Cody ran to us. "Hey bud , what's going on?" I asked him.

 "The pig that they captured on the woods a few days ago have been butchered. They'll barbecue it" he said in delight. I'm happy that at least Cody is feeling better , he's been through a lot of things and I don't think I'll be able to survive them if I went to his shoes.

 "That sounds delicious"

 "Yeah we're going there to help"

 "And eat some" Matt added and the four of us laughed.

 "Okay .. go on then" I said and then they ran away.

 "I envy them" Lourdes suddenly uttered.

 "Why?"

 "They are able to take things a little lighter than all of us" she said and also walked away from me. I sighed and then looked out of the window and saw the tall city buildings about 10 miles from here. One of them resembles the hospital where I had my heart surgery when I was younger, thankfully a few years ago they already told me it's gone. 

===============================================================

  "Ben"

 I turned around and saw Dad walking towards me. "The meeting's over?" I asked him. "Yeah it is" he said and then smiled.

 "So how are you now?" he asked.

 "I'm alright"

 "I mean with all the pregnancy news. I never thought that being a grandfather will come sooner"

 "It was a mistake Dad. I don't want to have a baby during times like this"

 "But it happened so you have to live with it"

 "I know"

 "So how are you and Allison?" Dad then asked. That got me wondering , we've been in tons of fights lately. Our minds are never on the same page now , I still love her but since she got pregnant .  she changed.

 "You know .. you should hold on to her. You two have been fighting too many times"

 "It's not my fault"

 "It's no one's fault Ben. You two just have to work your differences. You already have your family , and families are always the most important" he said and then walked away.

 He's right , family in more important .. I just don't think I can handle it.

=======================================================

 Allison's P.O.V

 I was walking along the hallway when Dr. Glass saw me. "Hey Allison" she called out to me. "Hey" I said and then stopped walking.

 "How's everything?" she asked.

 "Good" I said.

 "How's the baby?"

 "I can't feel it yet"

 "Alright .. it's only a month .. maybe a few more weeks and you'll start feeling it"

 "I guess"

 "So how's you and Ben?"

 "I honestly don't know"

 "No matter how many fights you've been through, hold on to him. Even if it's for the sake of the baby" she then advised.

 "I know" I said and smiled at her. I love Ben so much , but if this continues .. maybe I'll go away. I don't want my son to know that his father have turned into something else .. something that is not good.

 Suddenly, we heard commotion from outside. We ran out there and saw Hal and Maggie coming in , carrying a body of a girl. 

 "Dad! It's Karen!" Hal shouted at Mr. Mason and they rushed her inside.

 "You can't trust her" Ben told them but they didn't listened.

==============================================================

 "She's still connected to them" I told Dad.

 "How do you know?" Hal asked.

 "I just feel it"

 I said and then they walked passed me , but Hal stopped in front of me. "What makes you different?" he asked and I didn't said anything.

 "That's not Karen" I told him.

 "And you're not Ben" he glared at me