Chapter Fifty Three : "Mutiny"

Allison's P.O.V

 I am worried about Ben, he's getting darker and darker .. the old him is coming back and I can't do anything about it. As much as I'm still mourning over the death of Cody, I have to push it back since I have to look after Ben first. He needs my help ... I know he does.

 The Charleston camp is not a "Heaven On Earth" after all, they are a bunch of mean , judgmental and self centered people whose main goal is to keep the people sheltered and control what is left of the country. "Allison!" I heard Ben call out my name so I turned around and saw him running towards me as fast as he could.

 "What's happening Ben?" I asked him.

 "The whole 2nd Mass .... they gathered them up"

 "What?"

 "I went there to talk to Dad but then I saw everyone being gathered right at the cafeteria" he uttered.

 "What shall we do?" I asked and then he turned to Red Eye and the others. He told them to gte ready because if things got nasty , we should immediately leave Charleston.

 "How about the others? We just can't leave them like that?"

 "We'll go there now" Ben said and so I nodded and went to the camp with him. As soon as we got there, I saw Matt , Lourdes and Anne sitting on the floor. "Go to the back" I whispered to Ben, I'll be a diversion so that he could explore the camp and find Dr. Manchester and talk to him.

 "What the hell is going on?" I asked and then stepped out in front of them. I was asked to join the others and so I did.

 "Why did you came back?" Lourdes asked.

 "I heard what happened. Why did they do this?" I asked her.

 "I think Tom pissed them off" Anne uttered. "Ben I hope you're doing something good" I thought to myself while wishing he's already in his office.

 "So what are they gonna do to us?" I asked them.

 "We don't know"

 "They won't kill us ... right?" Matt asked.

 "They can't do that" I whispered to him even though I am not sure at all. "What are you gonna do to us?" I asked one of the army guy but he didn't talked back. He just stared at me.

 "We're a lot safer on our own" Matt uttered. I hate to say this , but I think he's more than right .... we are a lot safer on our own.

=============================

 As soon as Allison stepped away from me, I quickly ran towards the side and slipped in to one of the rooms. I need to see Dad or Dr. Manchester ... I need to know what's happening.

 After what it seemed like a forever of room finding, I finally found Dr. Manchester's office. But just as I'm about to go there, a couple of army soldiers started coming my way. "Oh Shit" I thought to myself and took cover on the nearest room.

 As soon as they were out of sight. I quickly rushed to the office and locked the door behind me. "What are you doing here?' Dr. Manchester asked in a more than terrified voice.

 "We need to talk"

 "Talk about what?"

 "Where's my Dad?"

 "He's in the lock up room"

 "Why is he there?"

 "Well, he's been keeping secrets that can harm the core of this camp. And that is a threat, I can't let any of that get away so I had to lock them up"