Chapter Twelve : "Night Time Blues"

When we got out of the shop , we immediately walked back to our rendezvouz and waited for Hal and the others to come back. I told Hal that I heard Karen and she's trying to talk to me.

 "What did she say? Is she asking for help?" he asked.

 "I-I don't know .. she's just calling me over and over again and then it just suddenly stopped" I said to him. After a few more minutes, we loaded the things that we got into the truck and drove back to camp.

 "Are you okay now?" Allison asked.

 I nodded and just smiled at her. What is Karen trying to say?

 "Ben, you need to tell Dad what happened" Hal then said and looked at me. "Why?" I asked. "Because he needs to know about it" he just said and then continued driving.

 After we got back to the camp , Dai and the others started unloading the trucks. Allison helped me with telling Dad about what happened. I went to the bus but Anne said he's in the meeting tent with Captain Weaver looking for our next destination.

 "Dad?" I asked.

 "Yes?"

 "I have to tell you something?"

 "What is it?"

 "Karen tried to communicate with me while we're on mission" I said and then he stopped looking at the map and then moved closer to me.

 "How'd you know? Did you see her?"

 "No. It's through telepathy. She kept calling my name" I said. "That's all she did?" he asked. "Yeah. I think she wants to say more but the connection just went off".

 "You didn't sensed her on the environment?" he asked and then held my shoulders.

 "No" I said and then he looked at Captain Weaver , who looks just as puzzled as we are. "Alright Ben , we're gonna talk about it later. Maybe if we move to the next place , she won't be able to communicate with you.

 I just nodded at him and then me and Allison went out of the tent. "Who's Karen?" Allison asked while we're walking."She's Hal's ex-girlfriend. The last time they saw her , she's the Overlord's assistant" I said and then we parted ways. I went to Jimmy and she went to her brother.

===================================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 "Cody?" I asked as soon as I entered the bus. "He's with Matt" Dr. Glass said and then smiled at me. "Where are they?" I asked.

 "Just playing at one of the tents with all the other kids" she said. It's good that finally, Cody has friends here. "How long will the spikes be in his back?" I asked her.

 "Depends upon how long they've been harnessed. Since Cody is harnessed for less than two months , I think a couple of days and it will disappear. "Okay" I said and then went out of the bus and just have a relaxed time.

 I went to the sides of the camp , away from everyone so I could think properly. "Do we really have a chance of defeating them?" I thought to myself. 90% of humanity have been wiped off , leaving the rest of us that are still alive fighting for our planet. I remembered Mom and Dad, just over a year ago , they're warning me on having a boyfriend .. who knew that a year after I'll be fighting beings from another world. It's crazy how things can change in just a split second. I felt a tear fell out of my eyes , I miss them so much.

 "Hey" I looked to my side and saw Ben , he then sat beside me. "How did you know I'm here?" I asked , still trying to fight the tears away. "Hunch" he said and then looked to my eyes, I'm really starting to cry , the flowing of the tears won't end even if I'm wiping them off.

 "What's wrong?" he asked.

 "Nothing" I said , trying to smile even if it's really hard. He then moved closer to me and said "It's okay" , just after then , I can't contain it anymore so I had to let it out. I cried in front of him and he pulled me closer.

 "It's okay. Let it all out" he said while trying to comfort me. I looked to him and he smiled at me. "We're gonna get payback okay?" he said and I nodded at him. Ben then kissed my forehead and then hugged me tighter.

 "We're going out tomorrow" he then said after a few minutes.

 "To where?"

 "It's a surprise" he said.

=======================================================================