Chapter Fifty Five : "Taking Chances" (Book One Finale)

Note: This is the last chapter of Book 1 .. I repeat Book1 , so yeah that means there'll be a Book 2 (lol , obviously). And since the last chapter ended on a sad note, I'll leave this one on a cliffhanger. Hope you enjoy ^.^

===========

 "Wh-What?" I asked Anne after she told me the horrible news about Allison. She can't die , I need her ... I love her so much.

 "That's not true" I uttered.

 "What's going on?" I turned around and saw Dad walking towards us. "Dad she .... she's" I can't finish what I'm saying , knowing that the next ones will be the most painful words I will have to say in a while. "Ben , what happened?" he asked , giving me a tight hug.

 "Allison ... she's dead" Anne replied to him. I just can't stand to be in that room any longer so I pulled away from Dad and ran out of the camp and into the night as fast as I could. As soon as I reached the outer parts of the Charleston camp , I completely broke down. If only I was here , maybe I could have helped her. "Why? Why now?" I thought to myself, we've been doing so well together and all of a sudden, this happened. My heart breaks more as another tear fell out of my eye, I can't believe I lost her.

 I'm starting to be filled with hatred again, I saw a car nearby so I picked it up and threw it against the wall. "Damn It!" I shouted , knees falling to the ground.

 "Why do you have to take her?" I whispered and then looked up. "God if you're real, this is a good chance to prove that. If all of these events are planned by you .... bring her back ... bring my life back .... bring back Allison" I pleaded but to no answer.

 "Ben .. what happened?" I turned around and saw a horrified Matt. I think he saw what I did with the car.

 "It's Allison .... she's dead" I said and then he proceeded to hug me. "I'm so sorry" he whispered to my ears. I told Matt to walk back inside and thankfully, he obeyed me. "Be strong ..  Ben , don't slip" I thought to myself as I got up and started walking to the Skitter Camp to know what really happened.

 The thought of taking my own life  since she's gone have popped into my head .... I don't want to do it, but if Allison is not coming back to life .... it's an option I'm more than willing to take ... just so I can be with her.

 "What happened to Allison?" I asked Deni as soon as I saw her waiting right outside the camp. "Thank God you're back" she uttered.

 "What the hell happened to Allison?" I asked her again , my voice cracking up. "We we're just talking ... then all of a sudden she dropped her glass and then collapsed. I talked to Dr. Glass about it and she said that Allison had a history of heart condition" Deni replied.

 "Heart Condition? Allison never mentioned to me that" I said.

 "I don't know" Deni said and then shrugged it off. I need to talk to Anne, now. I started walking back to the camp ... ignoring her calls.

 "We need to talk" I told Anne as soon as I got back to the clinic.

 "Why Ben?" Dad asked.

 "I just found out that Allison had a heart condition ... why din't you tell me?" I asked her.

 "Because she doesn't want you to know" she replied.

 "Why?!" I asked, raising my voice a bit.

 "Because she doesn't want you to worry about her" Anne replied and then Dad took me out of the room in order to get some fresh air. "Ben, I know this is hard .... but no one wanted this to happen, not even Anne. You have every right to be mad but don't lash it out to people that are no part of it" he told me.