Chapter Eleven : "Little Things"

Several hours have passed and they were able to patch up our wounds and remove the harness off Cody's back. Pope & his group went to that cliff to check if there's a new group of alien coming, thankfully thee's nothing but we still have to move again tonight in order to avoid any commotion and any chances that aliens might wind up on our location.

 "You could have told us" Dad said while we're at his tent , he's giving me a lecture about what Allison and I did to save Cody.

 "You could have gotten yourselves killed!"

 "But Dad , it's her brother. And they are about to leave , we just got to him on the last minute" I told him but it's clear that he's not listening to my explanations.

 "Still , that doesn't justify the fact that you put your life out in danger to get a harnessed kid where as you could have just told us about it and we could've rescued more" he pointed out.

 I didn't say anything , I just need to get out of this tent. "Ben? are you listening to me?" he asked. "Of course" I said. I can hear Allison talking to his brother in the bus , I'm glad he's okay and they are reunited.

 "BEN??!!"

 I looked to him quickly and saw how mad he is , "What?" I asked. He's just turning his head side to side "Just go out there Ben". I got up and then left the tent.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Allison's P.O.V

 "Did you miss me?" I asked Cody as soon as he became conscious again. " Of course" he said smiling at me. I can't contain my tears anymore , I'm crying in front of him . But these are tears of joy, he's finally with me. My only remaining family is finally with me. I gave him a quick hug , I wanted to give him a very tight one but I don't want to apply pressure on the spiekd area on his back.

 "Well did you miss me?" he then asked.

 "Of course I did" I told him.

 Then suddenly Anne and Lourdes came inside the bus. "Looks like someone is awake" Dr/ Glass said and went beside him.

 "Cody, this is Dr. Anne Glass. She removed the alien off your back" I told him and then he looked up to her and thanked her.

 "You're welcome" she then said and then went on to check on other patients. "You should get more rest. I'll just do something and come back later" I told him and he nodded and tried to take more sleep.

............................................................................................................................................................

 I was in front of my tent cleaning up some of my stuffs since it was wet because of the slight rain just after lunch time when Allison walked towards me.

 "Thank you Ben" she said as soon as she came to me.

 "For what?"

 "For saving Cody" she said and then smiled at me. "I told you we're going to get your brother" I said and smiled back at her.

 "How's your cut?" she asked and then touched my forehead where the wound is. "It'l heal soon. My wounds heal a little faster than normal people" I told her.

 "How is that?"

 "One of the perks of being harnessed" I told her and she just smiled. "What are you doing?" she asked and then pointed at my stuffs.

 "It got wet because of the rain , the side of my tent was lifted up because of the wind" I said to her and she took some of my books and mangas that I've been trying to save.

 "You read these?"

 "Yeah I do. Even more now because it reminds me of the good old days" I told her and then she walked to the other stuffs behind me only to lose balance and make a slide on the wet plastic cover on the ground. But I was able to catch her before she fells to the ground, she's in my arms .. her face close to mine.

 "Thanks" she said.

 I never saw how beautiful she is , especially now that her face is only a few inches away from mine. She's looking to my eyes , and I was looking at hers. Her stare just makes me weak in the knees , I can feel her head moving closer and I leaned in too, I closed my eyes and I felt her soft lips touch mine.

 "Oops" someone said and we both pulled away and I helped her up. I looked and saw Matt with his hands on his eyes , "I'll just come back later" he said and then ran away.

 "Matt!" I called to him but he continued running.