Chapter Twenty One : "Pretentious"

Allison's P.O.V

 I stayed with Ben all night long , he closed his eyes fro several hours but I know he's not sleeping .. it's because he literally can't sleep anymore.

 Actually, I think I was the one who fell asleep because when I woke up, Ben is nowhere in sight. I got up as fast as I could and ran out of the tent, only to see him walking towards the med bus. I decided to follow him and also check on Cody.

 "Hey!!" I called out and then ran after him.

 "Hi" he replied and then smiled at me.

 "Looks like you're feeling okay Ben"

 "I have to right?" he said in a very sarcastic way. "No , you're still not okay" I thought to myself. "Umm. do you wanna talk about it?" I asked.

 "Nah. I'm cool" he said and then walked faster towards the bus.

 I looked for Cody as soon as I got there but Lourdes said he might be sleeping with Matt on his tent. I walked towards there and saw him sitting beside the folding bed.

 "How are you big guy?" I asked as I come in.

 "I can't sleep"

 "Since when?"

 "For days now" he said. My heart sunk. No it can't be, I don't want him to be like Ben. I want him to be human .. a normal human.

==============================================================

 I have no choice but to put on a smile even though I feel like hell. Jimmy's death is still fresh in my mind. I can't forgive myself for what happened , I just can't.

 "Hey Ben" I turned around and saw Hal walking towards me. "What do you want?" I asked and then stopped walking.

 "I just wanna say sorry for how I acted that night , You got a lot going on , I should have been more sensitive" he said.

 "It took you days to realize that" I said and then walked away from him. I just can't deal with him right now , him and all his 'Big Brother' moves. I am looking around and I saw all their faces , they're stares , their mean looks and all their judgement. I have to go away from the 2nd Mass , I have to protect all of them.

 "Hey Ben" I looked to my side and saw Dad walking towards me.

 "Where are you going?" he asked.

 "For a walk. I just need time to think" I said and then he just nodded. I continued walking , the truth is I don't know where I'm going.

 "Hey Coat hanger!!" Pope called. That's it , I had enough of his game. I walked towards him and asked what's wrong.

 "What wrong? It's you skitter freak" he said. I replied with a solid punch on the jaw. "Woah!!" everyone reacted.

 "Is that all you got huh?" he asked as he wipe the blood off his mouth. He wants more , I'm gonna give him what he's asking for.

 "No" I said and then lifted him by the neck. Everyone backed away , he's trying to punch me but I don't feel anything. "Ben!!" I can hear Dad shouting and when I looked he's running towards me. I threw Pope on the wall and he landed in a very bad way.

 "You're dead" I thought to myself.

 "What the hell are you doing?" he asked.

 "He started it" I said and then looked at Pope. His gang is helping him get up but he fell unconscious. "Well, you did put him in his place" Dad then whispered and let me go. I just decided to walk back to my tent when I saw Allison walking towards me.

 "I know" I said to her and she just sighed.

 "How long are you gonna be like this?" she asked while we're walking.

 "I don't know. For a while I guess" I said and then looked at her.

 "Well at least let me help then" she said. If only she knows how much she helped me these past days , I would have killed myself if it wasn't for her.

 "You did your part. Now I have to face mine" I said and then planted a kiss on her forehead and then continued walking , leaving her standing there.