Chapter Thirty Eight : "World War K"

"Talk?" Dad asked at Karen.

 "Yeah. A good civilized talk" she replied.

 "Don't listen to her Dad" I told him.

 "What if we don't wanna talk?"

 "Then the death of the whole 2nd Mass will be upon your hands"

 "But that would also mean the death of your Master"

 "I'll lose one , you'll lose hundreds" she said and then dad whispered something to Captain Weaver that I can't understand.

 "Okay we'll talk" Dad said and then he and Hal approached her. "Captain , I need permission to go to the back of the building" I whispered to him as I watch the other two making their way to Karen.

 "Why?"

 "If there's one thing that Karen will do to get what she wants .. it's to play dirty" I said and then he nodded and I ran back inside the building and went straight to the back door. Once I saw there are soldiers standing by in there, I went to the basement.

 "Where's Allison anyway?" I thought to myself. We need to talk , I need to apologize to her but obviously I can't do that right now.

==========================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 "Look for a tank with a gas in it. We'll make a torch" Anne told Lourdes and so she started looking for it.

 "Why didn't they attacked you?" Anne then asked me.

 "I don't know" I replied. An idea suddenly dawned upon me. I saw an opening tot he vents on the lower side of the right wall. I can crawl my way up and call for help.

 "I have an idea!"

 "What's it?" Lourdes asked.

 "I'd crawl up these vents and ask for help"

 "But what if there's spiders in there?"

 "They seemed to be afraid of me"

 "She's right Lourdes. I saw the spiders , they didn't attacked here even if they had the chance to" Anne said.

 "Okay .. take care. If you see Jahmil tell him we're fine" Lourdes said and so I opened the small door and crawled inside the vents. I need to get help. After a couple minutes of occasionally bumping into small walls and crawling like a worm I finally found a way out.

 I was about to remove the latch on the door when I heard footsteps coming from outside. "Help!" I screamed and all of a sudden , I felt weak vibrations coming from the metal parts of the vents , teh spiders are right behind me.

 The door opened and I was pulled out. "Ben!" I said in delight as he closed the vents , preventing the spiders from coming out.

 "Thank God you're okay" Ben said and then he took me in his arms and kissed me.

 "I'm glad you're back" I said and then grabbed his arm and led him towards the room where Lourdes and Anne are.

 "They're trapped in there?"

 "Yeah" I said. Suddenly , the metal door opened and Anne came out with these blazing torch made out controlled propane.

 "Come here!" I shouted at them and they ran towards us. Ben fired at the spiders as we're running up. We almost met the Mech but thankfully we we're able to pass by without being noticed. As soon as we got back up, we closed the metal door and put other huge stuffs such as cabinets to prevent it from being opened or eaten by those creepy crawlies.