Chapter Eight : "First Shot"

When we arrived at our destination , we quickly got out of the bus and headed for the grocery store. After several minutes of checking boxes after boxes, we started to load them into the truck. Allison have been spending a lot of time talking with Maggie.

 "Hey brother" I turned around and saw Hal.

 "What?" I asked

 "Looks like our partners ditched us" he said and then pointed at them.

 "It's okay" I said.

 "Look Ben , what's going on with you? I can't understand you. Dad's back , you should be at least happier" he then said and grabbed my shoulders.

 "Hal .. we're in the middle of war. And I'm gonna do all my best to kill every skitter that we see" I told him and then removed his hands.

 "But Dad is worried about you" he said and then I started to walk away. I turned around and told him that "I'm just gonna talk to Dad" and then left him there.

 "All right soldiers. Go to that place where we did our last mission, we'll bring these bastards there. Anthony , bring 3 soldiers with you and drive these supplies back to the camp" Captain Weaver said as soon as we finished loading the supplies.

 But suddenly , we heard Mech footsteps. "Incoming" Pope said and we al took cover. And just a few moments after , the mechs came in with skitters. And the gunshots just went off.

.............................................................................................................................................................................

Allison's P.O.V

 What the hell is going on right now? I took cover at the back of a thick wall. The enemies are here. I looked out to the others and they are shooting these aliens.

 I peeked and saw several of them already on the ground with skitters on top of the. I pointed my guns and shot the skitters on their heads ... Boom! One down ... Boom! Two down ... Boom! Three down , but I'm too late .. 2 soldiers are dead.

 "Nice shot Ali" I turned around and saw Maggie , assembling the grenade launcher.

 "Where's the bomb?!?!" Captain Weaver shouted.

 "In here!!" I shouted to him and pointed at Maggie.

 "I can't get a good shot here" Maggie said and then moved behind the broken walls where hal is positioned. The Mechs just continued firing , it's endless .. as more aliens come to us.

 "We're toast!!" Pope shouted.

..............................................................................................................................................................................

 As soon as the Mechs came , I looked around to find Allison. I saw her hiding behind a thick wall and she was able to kill several skitters which is great. Me and Captain Weaver along with Dai and Tector are at the entrance of the grocery store.

 I was firing at every skitter that I see , making sure that no bullets go to waste. After several minutes , the enemies just continued to pour in. It seemed like we walked straight to their territory. I looked out and saw soldiers getting hit and dying one after another.

 I looked at Captain Weaver and saw him really focused on preventing these aliens reach the others. I looked back to Allison and saw that she's having trouble reloading her gun and there are skitters just on top of the wall she's taking cover with.

 I successfully shot the skitters and they fell beside her , causing her to get shocked. I got up to make my way to her when Tector grabbed my arm. "Where the hell are you going?" he asked.

 "Allison is having trouble" I told him.

 "You could get shot"

 "Well I can't let her get killed . Cover me" I told him and I slowly made my way to her by crawling through the sides of the grocery store. The wall is cracking , it will fall on her any minute.

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Allison's P.O.V

 I was scared to death when these dead skitters fell to my side. "Damn it" I thought to myself , I can't get these magazines inside the guns , mainly because my hands are shaking so much.

 "Hey??!!!" I looked to my side and saw Ben.

 "Are you okay?!!??" he asked.

 "Yeah!!" I shouted. We can barely hear each other because of all the explosions and gun shots. "Let's back away from the wall!!!!" he said to me and then grabbed my arm. The next thing I knew is I heard a very loud explosion and the wall started to cave in on us , he hugged me tight and covered my body with his ... he turned his body into a shield.

 We fell into the ground, he didn't let go of me. The weight of the big rocks is on his back and onto mine , "Ben??" I asked him but he's not responding. The air is thinning , I'm having a hard time to breathe.

 The last thing I can remember is the gun shots finally ended and Maggie calling out our names

=========================================================================