Chapter Fourteen : "She's saving me ..."

I looked to Allison , wondering if we should tell him the truth. Other people in the camp are looking at us , we are surrounded.

 "I'm asking you Ben" Dad said.

 "We killed skitters" Allison then said and the crowd made a very obvious reaction. "Looks like the new girl wants to prove she's bad ass" Pope suddenly uttered. "Shut your pie hole" Allison said to him and he didn't say anything afterwards , she just put him in his righteous place. Even Dad was amazed a bit.

 "Where?" Captain Weaver asked and stood beside Dad. "Just before the perimeter lines" I said him and they looked at each other. "Why are you out again Ben? Wasn't this morning incident enough' he then asked me. I can't tell him that we went out to have Picnic , he'll punish me more.

 "It's not his fault. It was my idea to do patrol" Allison then said and looked at me. "All right then , Allison you're dismissed , Ben come with us" Dad then told us.

 "Thanks" I said to Allison ans she smiled and then walked to the bus. I went with Dad to Captain Weaver's tent.

 "What you did could have gotten both of you in trouble" Captain Weaver said as soon as I got inside the tent. "I know" I replied to him.

 "Dan , don't you think it's time to assign him to another partner again?" Dad asked and then looked at me.

 "Please don't. I promise it will never happen again" I said and then raised my right hand.

 "You better sure it won't. Now go" Dad then said so I stepped out of the tent , I heard them started talking again tha's why I decided to hide on the car next to it and listen to them.

 "Are you sure it's still okay they are partners?" Dad asked Captain Weaver. "Yes Tom , if only you could see how much of a changed person he is since Allison became his partner" he then replied.

 "What kind of person my son is before?"

 "When you're gone for three months. He just changed drastically , he's darker , meaner and stuff like that. But since she came , he was able to be lighter again" Captain Weaver then said. I didn't noticed that's his impression of me for these past months.

 "I still don't know Dan. I think it would be best to partner him with Hal"

 "Tom trust me , she's saving him" Captain Weaver said and then walked out of the tent. I had to crawl down the seat of the car in order to hide and not be seen by them.

===================================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 "Hello big guy" I said to Cody as soon as I got into the bus , he's been spending a lot of time with Matt lately. "Looks like you finally got the hang of being a soldier" Dr. Glass said and then looked at me.

 "Just a bit. But I still need a lot of practice" I said and then sat on the couch. "How's Ben?" she then asked. "He's fine" I said to her and she smiled. I think it's just okay that I took the blame for what happened, I appreciate his gesture of us having a picnic so It's just right to pay him back.

 "Alright people gather up!" Captain Weaver called out to all of us that's why we went there to listen to what he has to say. "we're gonna have dinner an hour early so we could start travelling towards our next destination. We're gonna follow the river line and cross to the next forest using a bigger bridge. It's about half an hour drive. Now pack up your things , eat and then we'll leave. Understand?" he said.

 "Yes Sir" we said and then returned to our tents to fix our things.

==================================================================

 An hour have passed and we're all finished eating. I went out of the bus and Jimmy approached me. "So that's your idea of a date huh?" he asked.

 "What do you mean?"

 "I saw you bringing some food in your back. Picnic right?"

 I nodded at him and then he just laughed, "You need to do better next time" he said and then walked away from me. Then I saw Allison walking towards her tent so I ran to her to thank her for what she did.

 "Hey!" I called out to her and she stopped walking.

 "Hi" she said.

 "I just wanna say thanks for what you did" I told her while we're walking. "Ben just like you said before , partners look out for each other" she said and smiled at me.

 "But still , you saved me so thanks" I said to her. "Fine" she replied and then we stopped in front of her tent. "You're not planning to come with me inside are you?" she then teased.

 "N-No , I still have to fix some of my stuffs too" I said.

 "Okay , see you later on the bus" she then said. My feelings got the best of me again and I kissed her on the cheeks.

 "What was that for?"

 "You're saving me" I said and she smiled at me. Then I started to walk towards my tent. I can't believe it , I'm falling for her more and more.

 Several minutes later , we loaded our things in the truck that Hal drives with Maggie riding shotgun. Matt, Anne, Dad, Lourdes, Anthony, Dai, Cody, Me and Allison are all in the bus. She and I are sitting opposite of each other , I'm looking at her while she's looking back at me and smiling. Then the bus moved and we started to make our way to the next camp.

==============================================================

  This chapter is short but I promise , the next one will be longer :)