Chapter Fifty One : "Sweet Nothing ... Bitter Goodbyes"

Note:  So yeah , some of you may know I've been trying to do a trailer for this one and I'm already 15 seconds in (I'm proud of that lol) , maybe a week more or two and it'll be done. So another thing, this chapter is inspired by 3 songs I repeat  3 songs . Listen to "Run", "Yesterday" and "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" by Leona Lewis. All these songs are really suitable for their situation right now so yeah listen to them. It's a must.

===================================================

 As soon as I got to the clinic, I saw Anne and Lourdes tring to revive Cody while Allison is crying on the side. "Crap" I thought to myself and ran to hug her really tight. "Ben .." she whispered as I'm trying to comfort her, she's crying really hard but I can't blame her at all ... her brother is dying.

 I watched as they're both trying to revive him but after a few moments, I knew it's over. "Anne" I uttered and then she looked at me .. giving me the "he's-gone" look. They both backed away just in time as Allison completely broke down at the sight of the lifeless body of his brother. "We're gonna be fine" I whispered into her ear while rubbing her back. "No...." she said through all the tears.

 "Ben .. you should bring Allison out first. She needs fresh air" Anne said and so I held Allison and led her out. "Ben .. I need to be by my brother" she uttered while we're walking towards the door. "We'll come back later okay?" I said to her as she laid her head on my shoulder. Cody's death completely broke her.

As soon as we arrived at an available room , she sat on the bed. "Ben, .. it's my fault ... right?" she asked and then looked at me.

 "No it's not your fault"

 "It is. If I hadn't let him come here with us .. he wouldn't have been shot" she uttered. I sighed and then sat beside her to take her into my arms. "It is not your fault Allison. If you're going to blame anyone .. blame the guy that shot him .. blame their inability to widen their minds" I said and then kissed her forehead.

 "I don't know if I could still do this" she whispered.

 "You can ... we'll fight for everyone who died. We'll fight for your brother .... we'll fight for Cody" I said while trying to wipe her tears away.

 Allison didn't said anything afterwards , she just continued crying and I held her close to me until she finally falls asleep.

 I didn't have the chance to get to know Cody better but he's a wonderful kid ... God only knows how much I'm hurting for him .. for Allison. Seeing her like this is that one thing I can't stand ... so I decided to pay Cody's killer a visit.

 I walked back to the other side of the clinic and saw the guy lying bed talking to another army soldier. I leaned in to listen to what they're talking about.

 "You see the freak that attacked me?" he asked the other one.

 "Yeah, I don't even get why Gen. Bressler ordered to hold our fires ... i would have shot that kid straight to his head" the guy replied.

 "Bastards" I thought to myself. They're both gonna pay , but for today ... Cody's killer will get a taste of his own medicine.

 I hid on the adjacent cubicle and waited for the other guy to leave. As soon as I don't hear him anymore, I took a peek and saw Cody's killer is finally asleep. I went out of the cubicle and quickly slipped to his.

 He already annoys the hell out of me just by looking at him. I looked outside once more and saw that there's no one around.

 "What are you doing here? help!" I turned around and saw the guy is awake , I quickly covered his mouth with my hand and then brought out my gun. "You just got lucky back there ... but that doesn't mean you're off the hook" I uttered and then grabbed the huge pillow on the side and smothered his face in it. I do not intend to kill him but if I accidentally do , I wouldn't care at all.