Chapter Twelve : "Closing In"

I had to run after Matt , "I'll see you later" I told Allison and then went after Matt. "Hey Matt!" I called out to him and he finally stopped running.

 "What are you gonna tell?"

 "There's a new mission in for tonight" he said. He can't barely look me in the eye, he's still young after all .. still not comfortable when someone around him is kissing.

 "That's it?"

 "Yeah"

 "Matt, please don't tell Dad what you saw okay? Please?" I asked him and then he nodded. Why did I kiss Allison anyway?. I remember her face so close to me , what's happening in me?. I can't remove her from my head even if I wanted to. She's stuck there.

 "Okay I won't" he said and then continued walking away. I just sighed and started to walk back to my tent, "Hey Ben!" I turned and saw Tector standing, I walked to him.

 "What?" I asked.

 "How's Allison's lips?" he asked , smirking at me. I felt my face blush a bit.

 "I don't know what you're talking about" I told him and started to walk away. "Loosen up Ben" he then said as I'm moving away from him.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

Allison's P.O.V

 I went back to the bus still holding my lips , what the hell just happened. "Allison?" It's Cody calling out my name , he's sitting at his bed.

 "What are you doing? I thought I told you to get some rest?"

 "I can't sleep anymore. I'm hungry" he said and then I remembered what Lourdes said about the deharnessed kids , they are going to be very hungry.

 "Can you walk?" I asked him and then he left the ebd and walked to me. "Okay then" I said and then we got out of the bus. As soon as we're walking outside , people are just looking at him , Ben told me that most people here in 2nd Mass are quite rude to kids with spikes on their back. I held him closer and shielded the other side of his face with my hand because I don't want him to see their mean looks.

 "What do you want to eat? We have bean soup , canned stew , some chicken rice and sausages, there's even bacon" I told him and then we sat on the canteen.

 "Bacon sounds great" he said and then smiled at me. I went to get some and the ladt asked me if Cody is my brother.

 "Yes" I said to her and smiled. She's still eyeing him.

 "I'm sorry , is there anything wrong?" I asked her.

 "Nothing" she said and then gave me the food. As I'm making my way back , Lourdes came on to me and said "How sassy".

 "Really?"

 "Yeah.It's quite time that someone put them into their rightful place" she said and then sat beside us. "You must be Cody"  she said to him and then he smiled.

 "Yes"

 "How cute" Lourdes replied and then we continued eating. After several minutes, Maggie came in. "Do you wanna eat?" I asked her.

 "No. I just came by to say we have patrol tonight. You, Ben, Dai, Tector, Hal and Me" she said.

 "Where are we going?"

 "Downtown , we need to look for more fuels and utensils since most of the things here are quite rusty" she said and I looked at my spoon and there's a spot of rust on the handle.

 "Okay" I told her and then she left.

...................................................................................................................................................................................

 After the night crawled in , we arrived Downtown. "Okay, Dai and Tector you go head there . Ben and Allison you go to this side and Me and Maggie will go on the other one" Hal said and then we all nodded. "Keep your heads up , if you hear something .. hide , okay?. Skitetrs could jump out any second" he added.

 "I know" I told him.

 "Yes. But I'm just saying it Ben" he replied and looked at me, obviously mad.

 I didn't say anything and I started to walk away , Allison then followed me. "Hey, everything okay with your brother?" she asked. "Yeah" I said.

 "Umm. Ben . I think we need to talk about what happened this afternoon" she said and then looked at me. I turned away and started looking around for the signs of the shop. I saw one that sells appliances , maybe they have kitchen utensils too.

 "Let's go there" I told her and we ran to check it out.

 "It's weird that no skitters are around" I added. "Ben .. we need to talk about it" she said again. "You're right Allison , we need to talk about it. I'm sorry that I kissed you, I shouldn't have" I told her.

 "It was the other way around Ben , I was the first one who made a move" she said. And then w eehard something move and she accidentaly fired her gun.

 "Oh my gosh" she said.

 "What the hell are you doing?" I asked her and she pointed at the darkened corner. i went there to look what it is , pointing my gun at it. Then a mouse ran out and I almost fired my gun too.

 "Let's just get out of here" I told her . These are living room appliances and furnitures , there's no way there's spoons and forks and pans in here. We were about to go out when I had a piercing headache. It's so painful that I fell into my knees.

 "Ben?? Are you okay??" Allison asked, really worried. Then I heard someone calling my name, someone is trying to communicate with me through telepathy "Ben? Can you hear me? Ben?" the female voice kept saying over and over again.

 Then an image of a blond girl with a harness on her back flashed through my mind , she was smiling at me. "Who are you?" I asked her and she replied with "Karen".

 And then her image disappeared and the pain is gone. Karen? It's Hal's girlfriend. "What happened?" Allison askied while holding my face.

 "I-I don't know" I told her and then she hugged me tight.

 "Let's go" she said and then she helped me up and we started to walk back to the others.

===========================================================================