Chapter Thirty Nine : "World War K pt.II"

Note: The "World War K" chapters were based upon 2 songs and one famous quote from "One Tree Hill. The songs were "Let's Start a Riot" by Three Days Grace and "Iridescent" by Linkin Park. While the quote is "Does this Darkness have a name?".

 Listen to them to get the mood of the chapters :) that's all

============================================================

 "Don't listen to her Ben. She's lying" Dad whispered. "Come on Tom. We need to talk!" Karen called out. I need to see Allison right now. "Dad, I have to go check on her. Keep this one busy" I whispered to him and then ran back inside.

 "Is Jahmil out there?" Lourdes asked as I saw her running on the hallway. "I didn't see him" I told her and then ran all the way to the rooftop where I saw Allison just stood up from falling to the ground. I helped her stand up and then asked her if she's okay.

 "I'm fine" she said and so we returned inside. While we're still on the stairs, my spikes suddenly glowed.

 "Ben? What's going on?" Allison asked.

 "Go to the Overlord. Now" I told her as I can't move my body. She ran ahead of me and after a few minutes, I heard a scream. As soon as I am able to move my feet , I ran after her.

 When I got to the Psych Ward , I saw her dragging Cody out of the Overlord's cage. "What happened?" I asked as I saw his body shaking violently.

 "I don't know. Ben please make it stop" she said , panicking. I tried to hold him still but it kept on moving. I looked at the Overlord's eyes and it's staring right at me. It went through my mind and suddenly I felt myself falling to the ground. i can hear Allison's calls but I can't stop shaking.

 The Overlord is trying to invade my mind .. he's trying to control me.

===========================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 I'm freaking out. I don't know what to do. Ben and Cody are both shaking violently and blood is starting to come out of their noses. "Help!" I called out but no one's coming. 

 "Oh Shit" I thought to myself as soon as I realized I left my gun somewhere. So I quickly grabbed Ben's rifle and pointed it to the Overlord.

 "Make it stop" I ordered.

 "Free me and I will" I turned around and saw that it's talking through Ben.

 "Motherfucker" I uttered and then shot the Overlord on it's throat. Ben and Cody shot back to life. "Are you okay?" I asked and then hugged them both.

 "Allison .. what the hell did you do?" Ben asked and then I turned around and saw it lying on the ground bleeding.

 "It's trying to kill you" I said as I helped them up. "Let's get the hell out of here" Ben said and then we rushed to the Clinic ... leaving the Overlord in the room .. lying in the ground .. bleeding.

=========================================================

 We rushed to the clinic to have Cody checked up. "He's okay" Anne said. Suddenly, Dad and Captain Weaver came in along with Maggie and Hal.

 "What the hell did you do Ben?" Dad asked furiously.

 "He's not the one who shot the Overlord. I did" Allison said and then stepped right beside me. "You don't have to cover for him Allison" Captain Weaver said.

 "I'm not covering for him. It tried to kill Cody .. and also Ben , that's why I had to do something" she said and then looked at me. I held on to her hands and looked at Dad.