Chapter Fourty Five : "The Haunted House"

It's been two weeks since the events in the woods. Our next stops have been much easier and I was able to convince at least a dozen kids to join us. I decided that it'll be best if we head back to Charleston since I'm starting to get worried about Allison's health.

 She's been collapsing a couple of times lately and even though she says she's okay .. I know she's not. We stopped somewhere in Ohio to take some break.

 "Are you alright?" I asked Allison as we got out of the car. I looked around and saw an incoming storm. "Yeah" she said as we got inside the abandoned house. "I'll just go get some rest on one of the rooms" she said and then went up to the second floor.

 Meanwhile, I went back out to gather some of our stuffs. Suddenly, I felt this strange feeling that someone is watching me. I turned around and looked at all the windows, no movements at all. "It's just your imagination, Ben" I thought to myself and then after a few minutes, I went inside and then locked the doors.

 It's the 3rd house that we've been in since we left the 2nd Mass. I started roaming around the house, trying to get a vision of how the family here looks like. I saw a picture right on their kitchen. They're the classic all-blonde American family. I looked at the youngest one and wondered if she's still alive. Then the feeling of being watched is back again.

 I went straight to the windows and closed it shut. Strange as it is , I can't sense if it's a skitter or something else.

 After a few more minutes of roaming around, I went back to the living room where our stuffs are located. As I'm taking out some of our clothes , a ring fell out.

 "Shit" I thought to myself and grabbed it really quick. I found this diamond ring a couple of days ago when we ended up in the city. Since Allison is feeling down, I think this will cheer her up , but the moment has to be perfect .. as perfect as she is.

 I put the ring back inside the bag and on one of the pockets of my black jeans.

=================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 I settled in on one of the rooms , it's not as clean as the previous houses we've been but we're in no position to be picky. As time passes by, it's getting hard to conceal the chance that my heart condition is back. It's definitely taking a toll on me and the baby. I wanna go on for Ben but he's right .. I'm slowly losing grip.

 I took a dive on the bed and closed my eyes, trying to picture the life that my baby will have. I'll try my best to give my child the best things in the world.

 Then suddenly, I heard a creak ... like a footstep. "Maybe it's just the wind" I thought to myself. But then someone knocked at the door so I got up and opened it only to see that there's no one standing.

 "What the hell?" I uttered and then looked down on the first floor only to see Ben folding some of our clothes. It's actually an adorable sight since he looks so cute and father-ish with what he's doing. Suddenly , the door on the room closed hard. 

I was startled but then I looked on the open window on the far end of the hallway, "it's wind" I thought to myself.

 "Alli? Are you okay?" Ben asked.

 "Yup" I said and then returned to my room. Maybe due to the fact that I don't get that much sleep lately, that's why as soon as I got back to the bed .. I fell asleep.

=======================================================

 After folding our clothes and putting them in place back to our bags , I started to roam the house again. But it's becoming really hard since the night has already crawled and a massive storm is still on it's way.

 I ended up in the laundry room where I found the generator. I cranked it up and the lights went on. "You've gotta be kidding me" I uttered as I looked around at the now lighted house. I do miss electricity ... like a lot.

 But we can't let the light be open during night , it will attract the attention of the skitters and mechs. So I just used this time to find the candles and a couple of matches. After I did , I turned it down again and set up the candles on the living room.

 Then the hairs on my arm started raising , "the hell?" I uttered and then looked around. "Don't tell me you're being haunted?" I thought to myself.

 Suddenly Allison screamed so I got up only to be pushed hard to the side by a skitter. The walls of the house were not that strong that's why we both ended up outside. I tried to get the knife on my back but it's hard since the skitter is trying to claw my face out.

 I kicked it as hard as I can and it backed away. I got up and brought out my knife since the gun is still inside of the house. I don't think this is a normal skitter , it's a lot stronger than the others. 

 The skitter then shrieked and attacked me, I was able to stop it but it kept on going. We fell to the ground again where it was on top on me. I stabbed it several time but it's not stopping.

 I looked it in the eyes and it suddenly exploded , the blood splattered all over my face. I pushed it aside and then got up and saw Allison holding a gun. "You have a great aim" I said and she smiled.

===================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 A skitter attacked me in the room , thankfully I took one of my rifles and was able to shot it right on the head. As soon as I got down , I saw the hole on the wall and then Ben and another skitter having a brawl outside. Thank God my aim is still alright despite the crappy feeling.

 "Are you okay?" I asked Ben after he washed the skitter blood away. "I'm okay .. you?" he then asked. "I'm alright .. already changed my clothes" I replied and then started walking back to the living room when all the cabinets on the kitchen opened and everything that's inside it fell out.

 "Oh fuck!" I screamed. Even Ben is startled , he rushed to me as fast as he could. "We need to go , I don't think the guardian of this house wants us here" he whispered as we went to the living room. The curtains flew into the air even though the window they're covering is closed.

 Then the ground started shaking , this time ... the culprit is not a ghost .. it's an incoming mech. Ben brought all our bags as we got out through the hole in the wall. 

 I looked on through the streets and saw a Mech roaming the area at least 20 feet away from us. The thunder and lightning cause by the incoming storm is much obvious now. The wind is blowing hard and it's getting really cold.

 We had to wait for the Mech to disappear and right after it's gone , Ben and I got on to the car and left the area.

 "Ghosts or Skitters?" Ben asked as we're driving away.

 "Believe it or not .. I'll take skitters any day" I said and then he laughed. The rain then started pouring hard right after we left the neighborhood.

=======

 That's it for now peeps :) ^.^ ,. Another filler chapter leading to the part where Ben asks Allison the question every girl would wanna hear :) wanna know what it is? Read the incoming updates :)

 So what do you think about the new chapter :)? Please tell me your comments and suggestions.

 4 votes = Next update :)