Chapter Thirty Seven : "Hold Your Ground"

Note:  The girl on the right is how I pictured Allison would look like . Her name is Stefanie Scott :)

===================================================================

We stopped at a very small hill on the middle of the jungle. I looked back and saw no one's coming for us. This is the place where Red Eye agreed to meet. "Where are they?" Karen asked. "They should be here" I said as I am looking around.

 Suddenly, I felt their presence then mine and Karen's spikes started glowing. "They're here .. our allies" I said and then smiled at her. She walked on and looked around. "You're right Ben. They're here" she said , smiling at me.

 "You're safe now" I told her and then started my way back.

 "Where are you going?" she asked.

 "I have unfinished business there. I just have to get you to safety"

 "But Ben , come here first" she said and then stretched out her hands. I walked to her and held it. "Ben, you're right. They're one of us" she said and suddenly the ground started shaking. "What's happening?" I asked her.

 "Don't worry" she replied. I'm trying my best to remove my hand from her but she's gripping it really tight. "Let me go" I said just as the skitter and an Overlord came out from behind the trees followed by a Mech.

 "It's as you predicted. He's been in contact with Red Eye" she said and then I looked at the Overlord , it has it's eyes pierced at me. What am I gonna do?

=======================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 "I wanna go with you" I told Mr. Mason while they're packing up for the rescue team. "No you can't. It's gonna be dangerous out there. Just wait here" he replied.

 "Please, I wanna help. Ben needs me"

 "I know Allison. But we can't jeopardize the state of the baby. You said it yourself a while ago , you're feeling a little dizzy" he said and then walked out of the artillery room. "So what am I supposed to do?" I asked him.

 "Stay here. Be safe and guard your brother" he said and completely walked away from me. I saw Captain Weaver walking along the hallway so I ran after him.

 "Captain!" I called out and he stopped walking.

 "What is it?"

 "I wanna go with the rescue team"

 "No you can't"

 "Your baby" he said and continued walking. "But I can handle myself" I said but he didn't made any reply. Instead, he just left me standing there. I just sighed and then ran to the clinic where I saw Cody.

 "How are you?" he asked.

 "I'm alright" I said.

 "I told you not to believe in her" he said

 "I didn't" I replied and then looked to his eyes. Cody is looking straight at my stomach. "What?" I asked him.

 "It's your baby. Can't you feel it?"

 "No. What's going on?" I asked him.

 "I think it's connected to them .. to the skitters" Cody said much to my shock. I looked at Anne and saw that she's also shocked. For God's sake can someone tell me what the hell is my baby?

 "Let's Move!" I heard Mr. Mason shout and when I looked out in the window I saw 4 trucks leaving the hospital vicinity. I hope they bring Ben back. I really do.