Chapter Thirty Three : "Connected"

I don't trust her , at all. I can feel her still being connected to them , to the skitters. I don't care if she's Hal's ex-girlfriend or if she helped them to save me or the fact that she was sacrificed in order for Hal to be able to go back to the 2nd Mass. That's not human anymore , it's something else.

 I tried to tell them about it , but they're not listening. I still have this complicated thing going on with Allison and now I have to keep my eye on her. If they don't wanna believe me , I'll prove it to them. I was watching her explain along with Dad, Hal, Captain Weaver, Dai , Allison and Maggie.

 "So what's the last thing you can remember?" Dad asked her.

 "I really don't know. Ever since I was harnessed everything is just blurry" she said while eating a bowl of chicken rice.

 "Not even a single memory?"

 "I saw you on the ship. I tried my best to regain control of my body but I failed. I'm really sorry for what they did to you" she said.

 "It's okay. We have to do something else. You just stay here and ask the guards what you want" he said and smiled at her.

 "For how long?"

 "Till we know that you're -"

 "Completely off the hook?"

 "Safe" he said and then we all walked out of the room. I don't believed a word she said. I know she's just putting up a good front.

 "Dad let me guard her" I told him as soon as we got out of the room. "You sure that's a good idea?" Hal said and then glared at me.

 "Let's face it Dad, there's only 2 persons in the building that has the capability to sense alien powers or even presence. It's me and Cody so you gotta trust me on this one.

 "Okay" Dad said and they all walked away except for Hal and Maggie. "Why is it so hard for you to accept her?" Hal asked me as soon as the others went away.

 "Because the Karen you know is long gone. I'm sure she's a great person and all that but the thing right there , it's not her"

 "Thing? The girl who helped to rescue you is a thing?" he asked , furious.

 "You never met her after"

 "Yeah. I'm pretty much aware of that Ben"

 "I'm the only one you can trust on this one. The Karen you know is dead" I said and then he just turned around and started to walk away. But I can hear what he's whispering to Maggie.

 "He's such a - "

 "Freak?" I asked and then he turned around. "I was gonna say 'tool' but since you like 'freak' , let's stick with that" he said and then walked away from me.

 Just wait Hal, I'm gonna prove it to you.

================================================================

Allison's P.O.V

 "Hey Maggie" I called out to her.

 "What is it?" she asked.

 "Do you believe a word she said?"

 "Nope"

 "Great because I thought I was the only one"

 "I'll prove it to everybody that she can't be trusted" she said while we're walking towards the main entrance of the building. "Count me on that" I said and then she smiled.

 "Okay Preggy. I'll keep you posted" she said and then walked away. We have to prove to all of them that Karen is not what she appears to be.

 I was walking back to Karen when Cody called me. "What's going on?" I asked him. "You can't trust Karen" he said.

 "Why?"

 "She's not one of us. I can feel it" he said.

 "Don't worry. I don't trust her. Will you help us prove it to them?"

 "Yeah"

 "Okay. I'll tell you the plan later" I said and then he ran away. I continued walking and saw Ben standing outside her room.

 "Hey we need to talk" I said and then he followed me to the adjacent room. "Is this about us?" Ben asked.

 "No. It's about Karen .. I don't trust her"

 "I don't trust her too that's why I'm guarding her"

 "Okay .. take care?' I asked.

 "Of course" he said and then kissed me. After a few minutes of talking about 'us' and the baby , I returned to my bed while he continued guarding Karen. I just hope she doesn't get into his head.

===============================================================

 "So she's pregnant?" Karen asked as soon as I got back to my seat. "What the hell are you talking about?" I asked him.

 "Your girlfriend. I never expected that you are gonna be a father at 15. You're even better than Hal"

 "Shut up" I said and so she did but only for a few seconds.

 "Ben, trust me I'm not connected to them"

 "I can hear you"

 "Me? or the radio waves?" she asked.

 "Yeah"

 "So It's the radio waves?"

 "Yes" I said. Suddenly, I felt really uncomfortable. It's like she's playing with me. I know it's her .. she's doing something that I can't understand.

 "Can you please bring me more food?" she asked and then placed the bowl on the window. "I haven't eaten in a while. I assume this happened to you too" she added.

 "Yeah" I said and got the bowl and told the other soldier to guard her. I was walking away when I saw Cody walking towards me.

  "Hey Big Guy" I said.

 "Ben .. she's connected to them"

 "I know ... that's why I'm guarding her"

 "Promise me you're not gonna fall for her tricks. Don't believe her"

 "I won't" I said and smiled at him. I have a feeling that Cody will be a great soldier once he's at the right age.