1 What?!

Chaos.

That’s how I’m going to describe the world right now. There is no law and order, the world is at ruin and the mortals aren’t really helping with their fighting.

You might notice that I used the word ‘mortals’ like I’m not one. Well, like Hercules, Perseus and Percy Jackson, I’m also a demigod. A daughter of Zeus to be exact.

Anyways, the Olympians had another fight, resulting into another world war in the mortal world with some special participation of mythical beings you’d never thought really exists. Uncle Hades opened the underworld and the undead or as I like to call them, ‘zombies’ are killing everyone in sight. Apollo in the other hand is sending out a solar flare that is going to toast the earth’s whole crust. To save at least part of the world’s population, Hermes and Hephaestus are sending out people in space shuttles to the safety of space stations.

Anyways, let me tell you my story before this chaos.

------------------------------------------------------

My high school friends and I decided to meet up in front of our old school’s gates. We’re already in our first year of college and wanted to just hang out for a while despite the fact that there’s an ongoing war.

We were waiting in the patio in front of Colegio de Santa Ana, our old school.

“Where’s the others?” Allan asked as he arrived 30 minutes late.

“Late as usual.”  Dominic said, playing with his phone.

“They haven’t changed. Tell them that the meeting’s at 10am and they’ll come at 11.” Joanna complained.

“Who else are we waiting for?” Alyssa asked

“Monica, JC, Janina and Addie” Joanna said.

Pamela, Katrina, Merlin, Mark and Nero on the other hand are discussing about their college lives while I sat beside them on the bench, legs to my chest and taking a nap.

I was never really a morning person and I'm taking advantage of the time to catch some more sleep.

A space shuttle flew by. Probably going to land in Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

“What’s that guy doing?” I heard Nero asked.

“Is he okay? He’s limping.” I heard Katrina say.

“His clothes are all ripped and dirty. Do you think he’s a zombie?” I heard Mark joke.

“I’m gonna check if he’s alright.” Dominic said.

I looked up in curiosity about what they were talking about. And true enough, there was a man limping towards us with his clothes ripped and dirty.

“Doms! Come back here! He’s a zombie!” Pamela joked.

“He’s gonna eat your brains!” Nero joked as the others laughed.

I was just silently looking at the guy, trying to look past the mist.

When Dominic was just a few feet away from the guy, he ran back to us shouting “ZOMBIE!!”

That's when I saw that the guy was emitting a black aura.

I quickly took out my pocket knife and pulled out the blade. It quickly grew into a two sided 3 foot long part celestial bronze, imperial gold and mortal steel sword.

As my friends blinked in confusion about how I suddenly had my ‘ baseball bat’ with me, I scanned the area and realized that there were more undead approaching.

There was a splash of  water from one of the gates to the patio and a guy came running to our view, he was also carrying with him a sword.

“Majella!” he shouted "Thank the gods I found you!"

Behind him was a crowd of wet zombies.

“Wow, you brought more friends.” I said to Percival, a demigod son of Poseidon.

“Just help me!” he said panting.

“Where did this undead came from anyways?!” I asked as we slashed through the zombies.

“I talked to Chiron in New York via Iris Message earlier and he said that uncle Hades opened the underworld!”

“Curse the gods and their petty quarrel!” I shouted. There was a boom of thunder and I knew my dad, Zeus heard me.

“Apollo’s sending a solar flare in 3 days’ time!”  Percival yelled over the roar of his water.

“What? Are they nuts?! That’s gonna burn the whole world!” I shouted as I summoned lightning to my sword and hacked at the zombies.

I looked back to check on my friends and smiled as I saw them hitting the zombies with stones, iron bars and wood they got from the construction area nearby.

“That is the point! Chiron said it was Athena’s idea. If they send a solar flare, not only can we burn the zombies, we can start the whole world anew!” Percival said as he jump hacked a zombie.

“How can we start anew if there are no more mortals?! Don’t tell me they’re planning to create new people to occupy this world?!”

“Hermes and Hephaestus are sending people off in space shuttles to go to space stations.” Percival explained.

“But-“

“I know that the space stations can’t accommodate all of the world’s population!” Percival shouted “Only a few can live!”

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME EARLIER?!” I shouted in frustration remembering the space shuttle that flew by a few minutes ago. “We need to get to the airport quickly!”

I made my way to a van parked nearby and hotwired it. Don't ask me how I learned to hotwire cars, that's a long and separate story. As the engine came to a steady purr, I called my friends to get in.

“PERCIVAL, GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE!” I screamed as we all got in and Percival was still warding off the zombies far away. The zombies are steadily increasing in number.

I got out and gave the wheel to Dominic and started warding off the zombies coming to the van. Percival was far away and was surrounded with zombies.

“PERCIVAL!!” I shouted, making my way to him but can't go any farther without exposing my friends in the van.

He sent another wave of water but was still outnumbered.

“GO! GET YOUR FRIENDS OUT OF HERE! I’LL BE FINE!” he shouted.

I was trying to think of a way to get to him while protecting my friends. I summoned another lightning to hit the zombies.

“ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?!” Percival shouted, obviously shocked.

“YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THAT I’M TRYING TO HELP YOU! WATER’S A GOOD CONDUCTOR YOU DUNGHEAD! GET THOSE ZOMBIES WET AND I’LL TOAST THEM!” I shouted to him.

But I doubted I can summon lightning strong enough to toast all of those zombies surrounding him.

“YEAH, AND THEN BURN YOURSELF OUT TOO!!” he shouted back at me. “GET YOUR MORTAL FRIENDS OUT OF HERE AND THEN I’LL BE GRATEFUL TO YOU!”

“MAJELLA!” my friends called from the van, zombies were quickly approaching.

“I’LL SEE YOU IN THE UNDERWORLD!” I shouted back to Percival as I got in the van

“YEAH, I’LL SEE YOU THERE COUSIN!” he shouted back at me smiling as he sliced and hacked at the zombies.

“BUT DO TRY TO GET TO THE AIRPORT!” I shouted back as Dominic kicked the gas pedal.

"I WILL!" he shouted, even giving me a salute.