27 Missing

“Majella.”

I felt a nudge on my shoulder.

“Majellaaaa,”

I felt my shoulder being shook.

“WAKE UP!”

I felt someone shove me hard and I fell off my super comfortably soft bed. I groaned but did not even open my eyes.

“MAJELLA!”

I felt a soft kick on my side.

“What?” I groaned again.

“WAKE UP!”

PAK!

I sat up straight, opened my eyes and touched my throbbing cheek. I groaned again seeing Carlene’s scowling face.

“Why do you always aim for the face?!” I complained, rubbing my still sleepy eyes.

“Why do you jump off the bed in an instant when there’s a monster but sooooo hard to wake up on normal days?” Carlene complained back.

I ignored the daughter of Hecate and slumped back on the floor, too lazy to go back to my bed.

“MAJELLA!” Carlene said, tugging my arm and pulling me to a sitting position.

“My head hurts.” I murmured.

“Do you want me to take your head off so that it doesn’t hurt you anymore?” Carlene sarcastically suggested.

“My head hurts.” I repeated.

“Well, that’s what you get –“

“When I let my heart win?”

Carlene scowled and as usual, jotted her pointer finger on my forehead.

“When you party with the Dionysus kids!” she continued.

I laughed, remembering last night’s party; Percival dancing, Ron partying, Jeritz being crowned with a thorny rose bush as Queen of the Camp and Menea playing several pranks on the campers. It was a great night. Better than the welcome party DLSU threw for us froshies in my first day of college.

Carlene ruffled my hair. “Majella, I understand that you want to have fun once in a while to forget some things,” Carlene said in concern, “But you have to remember that you’re still our leader and you have responsibilities and obligations waiting for you.”

I didn’t answer and closed my eyes, still sitting upright. Sam’s smiling face pasted on the back of my eyelids.

“Majella,” Carlene said, ruffling my hair.

I groaned again and stood up. Carlene hugs me and leaves the room. I transferred to the bamboo house’ bedroom on the second floor last night because Menea accidentally set my tent on fire in the party.

After changing, I went downstairs to find the head councillors and Jean having breakfast on the dining table.

“Morning, Majella.” They greeted to me.

“Good morning.” I greeted back.

En throws me a piece of pandesal and I caught it with my face, it bounced to my hand. I sat down at the head of the table that is left unoccupied.

“What are we here for again?” I asked, pouring coffee in the mug in front of me. It’s blue with small, white fluffy clouds and a lightning bolt in the middle so I guess it’s for me.

“We need a name for the city.” Nicole started.

“How about, The City?” Anthony asks with a sarcastic tone.