Marks Upon My Skin Part Two

Sam×Reader

Warnings: death (I really wanted to add something dark, sorry), suffering, angst. Grab your tissue box.

First Person

Everything was perfect and nothing could end this happiness between us. Everyday I fell for him over and over again. I was lucky to have him by my side. Sam and Dean stopped hunting, they deserved a rest. No more fighting, no more hurting. We could all settle down. Dean soon found his soulmate after I told him what Sam and I did. Dean's soulmate was the sweetest woman known to man. He was truly happy and that is all the matters.

We had warded ourselves from any monster known to man, besides Cas of course. He was a friend, and what I have been taught, 'Family Don't End In Blood'.

Since the boys finally had the chance at a normal life, they both chose to visit the Grand Canyon. What a beautiful sight. The colors of the stone layer after layer. Truly amazing. Next we went to Yellowstone, then the Everglades. Each trip was amazing. This time, we were at Salt Lake City, nothing super special but still, beautiful plains and scenery.

I stood outside the motel door with Sam. The cold air creating a puff of smoke with each breath I took. I smiled and ran into the small parking lot after tapping Sam's shoulder.

"Tag you're it!!" I yelled and giggled.

"You are so childish."

"Embrace your inner child Sam, we need a break from adulthood. Being an adult sucks ass." I remark and he chuckles. Soon enough he ran after me. I turned to corner and stopped. Once Sam turned the corner, he froze. A man stood there gun barrel against my head. My hands shook, fearfulness and the cold weather.

"Give me you wallet." The man stated boldly. His ragedy beanie nearly falling off his head.

Sam held his hands up in defense. "Put down the gun, please." His eyes locked on the thief but he didn't budge. He nudged the gun and cocked it.

"Wallet, now. Or the girl dies." His voice now shaky. I flinch and tears fall from my eyes. This wasn't supposed to happen.

Sam went through his pockets, trying to find his wallet. His eyes widened before his eyes snapped to me.

"Look my wallet is just down at the small diner around the corner. Please just put the gun down and I can give you what you need. Just please put the gun down." He tried pleading.

"Nice try, what do you have on ya." He asks nodding his head slightly. Sam pulls out old receipts and papers. His eyes glistened with unshed tears.

"Receipts but-"

The thief clenched his fists, angry which it only resulted in the pulling of the trigger. The gunshot wasn't even heard, just blinding pain in my head.

-------------

General POV

Sam stopped and the man backed off shakily. He didn't mean to kill you, he wasn't planning too. Just reflexes of anger pushed the situation further.

"Oh my God- I'm so sorry, I didn't mean-" he started but Sam pushed him away. He held your body close, cradling your head in his lap.

"Y/n! No, no, no. This wasn't supposed to happen. We were supposed to get married and have kids and- and...." He trailed off. Salty tears dropping onto your flushed skin. He seeped over you lifeless form wishing for it all to be a dream. He opened his eyes only to see reality. His soulmate, dead in his arms.

------------------

Sam gave you a proper funeral. A circular scar formed on the side of his head. Only a marked memory of when he lost his everything.

Years passed by, each as painful as the last. Sam watched as the scars faded into nothing. Everyday he drew a heart on the back of his hand in rememberence of you. He always kept a picture of you and him in his wallet. He drank away the pain every night, but it never worked. The pain would always be there in the morning.

Memories would always surround him, reminding him that he failed. He failed to keep you safe, he failed to tell how much he loved you. That is how he saw it. The marks upon his skin flushed away.

Now, here he laid in his hospital bed. Hair greyed and skin wrinkled. His eyes lost the light her always held when you were around. Sam soon saw two figures by his bedside. He smiled slightly at the sight of you.

"Sam, I am here now. You can let go. You don't have to hurt or suffer. Come join me Sam." You whispered, caressing his cheek with your finger. "We can be together forever again." Tears fell down his pale, wrinkled skin. The heart monitor flatlined, he took his last breath. A much younger version of Sam stood beside you. He caressed your cheek and placed a kiss on your lips.

"I missed you so much. I love you with all my heart and soul." He whispered smiling down at you.

Okay, so now I am drowning in my own tears because I have a morbid sense of happiness but am not sorry.

~Miranda