Pregnancy Series - Finding the Gender

Seth

"Why can't I just read the envelope?" Seth wined in complaint, his whole body seemingly emitting excited energy. You giggled and squeezed his hand, shaking your head playfully and laughing at his reaction. You had decided you wanted a creative way to find out the gender of your twins, but Seth was now getting restless.

Renee and Galina had found out and planned a party with your families and the boys. Everyone stood in the backyard around a small kiddie pool filled with water.

"Alright, is everyone ready?" Renee asked happily, looking to each guest with an excited smile.

"We have four rubber ducks, two pink and two blue," Galina explained, "whichever two float is the gender of the twins."

Seth stepped closer to you, wrapping his arms around your waist, his hands resting on your growing bump. "This is it, Princess," he whispered, kissing your cheek as he fixed his eyes on the pool. You could feel his heartbeat against your back, he was very nervous.

The girls placed the rubber ducks into the pool. You held your breath as you watched the water. Slowly two ducks sunk, leaving one pink and one blue.

"A boy and a girl!" Renee yelled with excitement, literally jumping with joy.

"One of each," Seth whispered, "I am so happy, a mini me and a mini you," he spun you around and kissed your lips, a smile on both of your faces.

Roman

"There you two are! Come on, everyone is waiting for you guys!" Seth said excitedly, pulling you and Roman outside where both your families and Dean were waiting. You and Roman found it pretty amusing that Seth was almost as excited as you were for this baby.

You smiled and smoothed your dress over your sixteen week baby bump. When Renee had asked to give you a gender reveal party; you didn't know what to expect, but you knew it was would be adorable.

"Hey everyone, can I have your attention?" Renee yelled across the background, the back yard falling silent as all eyes went to her. "Thank you. Behind me is a cardboard box which has either blue or pink balloons inside. Whichever colour it is is the gender of the newest Reigns!" She beamed brightly, earning a cheer from the small crowd. "Y/N and Roman, on the count of three."

You and Roman stood on either side of the box as everyone shouted. On three, you ripped opened the box and pink balloons flew out. Everyone started cheering.

"Oh my god, a little girl," you squealed.

Roman quickly pulled you against him, "She'll be as beautiful as her mommy," he whispered against your lips before you kissing lightly.

Dean

"Dessert time," Galina chirped, walking back in the dining room carrying a cake. You and Dean's closest friends were sitting around the table, excitedly waiting to find out the gender of your first child.

Nikki Bella was right behind her with a knife and plates. "Congratulations to Y/N and Dean on their first baby!" She squealed, hugging you tightly from behind as she set the plates on the table. You smiled, thanking her as Dean took the knife.

"Once you cut the cake, you have to say the color that is inside!" Brie instructed you, smiling wide from across the table. You gave her a confused look and before you knew it, Dean had the knife in the cake. You quickly looked at it, your heart beating faster. As he went to put the piece on the plate, his mouth opened but no words coming out. He jumped up and dropped it on the table.

"BLUE!" he shouted, cheers erupting from his fellow brothers.

"Oh my god, a boy," you whispered resting your hand on your baby bump.

"A boy! A little baby Lunatic Fringe!" He continued, nearly jumping out of his seat due to his excitement. You smiled, glad he was happy. He knelt beside you and kissed your temple. "I love you. Thank you for giving me a little boy!" he whispered, rubbing your stomach lightly.