Escaping prison and a mean universe

Obviously, we weren't planning to spend the whole night at a police station. But I didn't know when exactly we were going to break out, since we were separeted by rooms. Hopefully the Rays would figure out something.

I tried to sleep for about an hour, and just when I was starting to fall asleep I heard a knock on the other side of my wall.

"Marisa?" A muffled voice called through it.

I sat up and walked over to the wall. "Liam?"

"Yeah," He responded. "Clay just told me that he figured out how to get out. He has a tiny little window in his room, so he's going to climb out. Do you have a window in your room?"

I looked around and spotted one high up above my bed. It looked like it would be a very tight squeeze, even for me. "Yeah, I do."

"Okay, good. Just wait a minute and Clay should be there, if all goes well."

This plan sounded like it wasn't the best, but we really didn't have any other options. 

After five minutes, I heard leaves crunching outside my window and Clay's face appeared in it.  "Hey," He said, with a smile on his face.

I rolled my eyes and stood up on my bed. He pried open the window from the outside and lifted me up through the window, which I squeezed through. "How did you fit through this?" I asked.

"Don't ask," He said. I stood up on the other side of the window. Next, we went and got Liam, then Drew and Cole. I had no idea how we hadn't got caught yet. 

"Alright, now we have to get out of here," Drew said. 

"How?" Liam asked. "They have guards practically everywhere."

Clay looked around. "I have an idea."

We carefully crept around the side of the jail, to where we could see the main enterance, where cop cars and big trucks were going through the gates. "We have to get into one of those trucks, then we can just pass through the gates."

Liam and I looked at each other with suspicion. "How are we going to get into one?"

Clay seemed to be studying three men that were transporting big crate boxes onto the trucks. Clay waves us over to them, and then got into one of the boxes and closed the lids. 

We all got the idea and hopped into some of the other boxes. After a few seconds, I felt a man lift up my box, and I jostled around inside of it, trying not to make any noise.

I heard one of the men carrying one of the boys grunt. "Man, what's in these boxes, rocks?"

"Who knows. Just do what the boss says," The one who was carrying me replied. 

We were very forcefully thrown into what I guessed was the back of the truck. My box flipped over, and I cursed under my breath. I heard the back of the truck being closed, then the truck was moving fast across the gravel. 

"You guys okay?" Liam whispered quietlly to us.

"Every bone in my body is squished," Cole complained from somewhere. 

"You and everyone else," Drew told him. 

I sighed, getting ready for what was probably a long journey squished in a box.

 "What's happening!?" Josh screamed. 

"We're falling!" I yelled. 

"No SHIT!" He yelled back. 

All the passengers were screaming, grabbing onto each other and hanging onto seats or the walls for dear life. The pilot's voice was on the intercom saying something about staying calm and evacuation but no one was listening. 

Suddenly we stopped falling and began rising as the plane collided with the ocean and all the passengers flew upward towards the ceiling. I hit the left wall hard and then slid to he floor, groaning and swearing. 

The plane had obviosly landed in water, because you could feel the waves pushing the plane around, harder than you would expect. I looked around and saw Josh standing up, a long gash on the left side of his face gushing blood. "Are you okay?" he said. 

"Yeah, are you?"

"I think so."

I nodded and turned around. One of the older passengers was struggling to open the emergency door. He finnaly managed to pray it open, and immedietly a gush of wind blew into the plane, so strong that it knocked a young girl of about five off of her feet and into her mother's arms. 

The man who had opened the door screamed. 

Josh and I exchanged a look and ran over to see what had frightened him so much. Outside, the waves were more than just a little strong, they were going crazy. You could see land a little while away, and from it trees swaying violently along with the wind. 

"It's storming so badly," the man said, "How are we supposed to get out of here?"

"We could swim," a girl about my age said, and I turned to see that she had dirty blonde hair and green eyes. She kind of looked like Marisa. That thought just made me depressed, because I thought that once I escaped Jace I  would actually be able to go back to them, but nope, I guess the universe just really doesn't like me. 

"If we swim we'll drown," Josh said, and I saw him eyeing the girl a little wistfullly. She was kind of pretty. 

"There's life rafts," a woman said. "We could try to paddle."

"No," the pilot said, appearing next to her. "We just have to wait here and hope someone comes."