Paint War

The bed I was sleeping to swung to the waves in the ocean and the song Drops of Jupiter was stuck in my head all night.

When I woke up Kayla was still asleep and her leg was wrapped up and she looked in pain. I got up, streched, and went to the top deck to see Liam and Harry eating a bagel and sitting cross-legged on the deck, staring at the sea.

"Hey," I said, sitting down next to them.

"Hey," Liam replied, smiling, and handed me a chocolate chip bagel from the bag.

"Kayla still sleeping?" Harry asked.

"Yep," I said, then smiled. "You lovvvveeee her."

"Um.... I don't remember...." Harry said, but his face was a little red.

"I think you remember loving her," I replied, taking a bite of my bagel.

"Can you PLEASE stop?" Kayla said, and I turned around to see her slowly coming up the stairs and sitting next to me.

Harry smiled a little and looked down.

"Morningg," A voice said, and we turned to see Jean. He avoided a glance from Kayla and a glare from Harry. "Gimme a bagel."

Liam tossed him one and I could tell he wanted to sit down next to us but he leaned against the wall and stayed far away. "We should be docking in about five hours. It was a faster boat ride then I thought."

"Is Quad still driving?" Harry asked.

"Nah, he has auto-boat-driver or something. So, wanna know where we are going??"

We all sighed.

"Hold on to your bagels cuz we are going to.... Greece!" Jean exclaimed, spreading his hands out.

"Whoa," "Cool." "Nice," and "Really," were some of the responses.

"Yep," Jean said.

"But why?" I asked. "I mean, Greece is awesome and stuff, but why? You got some kidnap buddies over there too?"

"Maybbeeee," He replied. "I'm not sure what you guys excatly are gonna do, but I got a call to go there from one of my many bosses."

"Greeatttt," Liam huffed.

An uneven set of foosteps sounded behind us and I turned once again to see Dester limping up the stairs.

"Goooood morning beautiful," Kayla said, smiling.

"Ugggh," Dester replied. "I would punch you in the face, but I'm too tired. And getting a little sea-sick. When are we getting off of dis hell hole?"

"Pretty soon," Jean replied. "Entertain yourselves until then."

We finished up our one or two bagels and were just about to get up when Jean said, "Oh, and when I say entertain yourselves, I mean do some chores that I'm to tired to do," and then he threw a bucket of paint and brushes at us. "Paint the deck."

"How the fudge are we gonna do that?" I asked. "We kinda have to walk on the deck."

"Uggggh figure it out!" He screamed. "Gosh, do I have to do everything?" Then he walked back downstairs.

Kayla and Harry started in one corner and Liam and I in another, and we worked pretty well until we reached the middle and found out that we were kind of surrounded by wet paint.

"Ohhhh," Kayla said, sighing.

"Sooo now what?" Liam said.

"Jump?" I asked.