Dr. Jean

Harry helped me onto the couch and I lifted up my leg, trying not to look at it and not succeeding. Jean got out his needle and thread and stuff and started working on it, and I cluthched someting hard, until I looked down and saw that it was Harry's hand and tried to let go, but he just held my hand tighter.

It confused me.

Jean worked gently and carefully, and you would never have guessed that the boy who was caring for me like he was now had hit me a couple of hours ago. It was getting really akward in the room, with Harry standing there next to me, gripping my hand, and Jean working on my leg.

Jean cleared his throat. "So uhm, how exactly did this happen again?"

"Oh, well, uhm, I wanted to go swimming and convinced Marisa to go with me..." It was then that I remembered what I was wearing. A freaking bikni. In a room with my boyfriend who couldn't remember most things about our relationship and a boy who made it quite clear what he wanted to do with me. Christ.

I turned a light red color, and Harry read my mind. He shrugged off his black jacket and gave it to me, which I accept greatfully, putting it on. Jean's head popped up as I did, as if just noticing what I was in, and his eyes got a little wide.

I shot him a narrow look and he looked back down at my leg.

"....and then a big shark came and starting attacking us."

Harry's eyebrows came together. "How could you survive that?"

I shrugged. "There's a lot of things that we survived that we probably shouldn't have. We're just special."

Jean chuckled. "Yes, Kayla, you are very special."

"Shut up," I whined and heard Harry laughing next to me.

Jean didn't look up from my leg, but said, "What exactly are you two right now? Are you still together?"

Was is just make Kayla blush day? Because usually I don't blush. But tonight it seemed like I was doing is waaaaay too much for my liking. I raised my eyebrows and looked up at Harry, to find that he was already watching me. "Well we didn't break up, did we?" he asked.

"Oh, you did," Jean put in. "When Kayla didn't jump out of the car and then almost died cause she saved Dev-"

"Jean!" I hissed.

He quickly said, "But you guys got back together!"

Harry's hand flinched in mine. "What you were saying before? Dev who? That name..."

"He's a boy that used to be with us," I said. " He was in Jean's crew for a while. But he's dead now."

"How'd he die?"

"Kayla pushed him into a volcano," Jean said a little harshly.

"You did?" Harry asked me.

"Well, I didn't really push him. He just fell and instead of letting him hang onto me I...didn't."

"She murdered him," Jean said under his breath, and I thought back as to why he kidnapped again in the first place. Was it becasue of what I did to Devin?

"I did not," I spat defensiviley.

"Maybe not murdered. But you did murder his twin. That I remeber quite clearly."

"Twin?" Harry asked.

We so needed to change the subject. "Yeah, he had a twin. I guess I did kill him though. Jean, are you almost done?" I asked, despertley needing to get out this room.

He cut a thread. "Yeah, done. You're fine. How about your head though? It's bleeding a little."

Oh, no way in hell was I staying in this room any longer with the two of them. Being around Harry alone was hard enough. All I wanted to do was kiss him, i'd been so long since I had, but I couldn't. Harry and Jean was just NOT a good combo for a happy Kayla.

"It's fine," I spat. "I'll wash it out in my room."

Jean looked at me, and I knew he was looking at the bruise on my cheek, thinking if he should say about it, deciding not to. "Okay. Then, bye."

Harry helped me up from the table, and I said, "Bye."