Trenton and Old Dudes

When it was my turn to go on watch, I curled up next to Liam and eyed the Rays. They were pretty decent looking, Drew and Cole both blonde but Drew with blue eyes and Cole with dark brown, and Clay had dirty brown hair with cloudy eyes. They all appeared to be asleep, but I eyed them intently.

"Excuse me, miss, but could you spare some change?" A scraggily, french voice said, and I flipped my head around to see a thin, old, wobbly man in shredded clothes wobbling towards me. "Could you spare some change?"

I looked around, wondering if he was talking to someone else, but we were the only one here, with only a few cars passing.

"Um.... sorry, I don't. I wish I did," I said, sincerly.

"Are you sure?" He said, walking a little bit closer.

"Yep," i replied, frowning.

"Are you sure you couldn't spare anything for me? I haven't eaten in days."

I groaned quietly. "Sorry, but does it look like any of us could spare anything?"

He eyed all of us, sleeping in spots, then looked back at me. "You have clothes."

"Listen, old bag, we don't have anything, so hit the road," A new voice said, and I turned and saw Drew sitting up.

The man coughed and walked away.

"That was a little harsh," I said, crossing my hands. But inside, I was glad he was gone. Could be a secret raper or something. Hey, I've had a scarred past.

"He was pissing me off," He said, shrugging and laying back down, head against the tunnel wall.

"All he wanted was some money," I replied.

He laughed. "You're obviously haven't been poor or living on the streets. First thing to know- never trust anyone. Don't give anyone money. Most likely, if you had given him money he would go spend it on drugs."

I nodded, wondering how bad his past was.

Once Liam woke up, smiled at me, and took his shift, I layed against him and my eyes drifted shut.

The sound of cars wizzing by woke me up. I rubbed my eyes and saw Harry, Liam, and the Rays all standing up.

"Morning," Liam said, helping me up. I could still feel a little soreness at where I NONINTENTIALLY tazered myself. Let's just not talk about it.

"We should probaby get out of here," Clay said, looking around. His accient was pretty similar to Liam's. "The po-po might find us soon. I'm just glad they didn't find us last night."

"What do you mean by we?" Harry said, stepping closer to Kayla.

"Fine, be all shut, but at the moment, you need us to survive. We know Paris inside and out, plus, do any of you know about speaking French? Plus, you obviously have problems escaping the law."

"Hey, we are pretty experienced." I retaliated.

"You said you're glad they didn't find us- im guessing you guys broke the law a few times?" Liam said. He seemed less in pain today, more like his old self. His eyes looked brighter.

Cole huffed. "THAT'S an understatement."

Drew elbowed his brother, and his gaze fell on me. I looked down at my dirty shoes, caked with mud. I remembered when they were once clean from the fashion makeover. It had only been a few days ago, but it felt like lifetimes.

"Okay, so we've had a hard time, but we're orphans and we need to survive and have money," Clay said. "So, do you want to come with us or try to survive on your own?"