CHAPTER 3

After school I got I my old beat up car and drove to the mall. Yeah, I have an ugly little orange slugbug, sue me.

I needed an outfit for tonight anyways. Miss. Hurlbutt usually just picks clothes up from the thrift store for me, but this is MY money so I can do whatever I want with it. I got there and went inside. WOAH. I never go anywhere, and this is HUGE. I didn't know where to go. So many people, so many stores, and it smells good too. Okay that's a little creepy.

I walked by a store called Rue 21, I went in just because I was totally lost. Once I walked in a nice girl who looked just a little older than me greeted me.

"Hello! Im Layla!Welcome to Rue 21, may I help you?" She asked

"Umm, yea, Im Sarah. I don't usually go shopping so Im kinda lost." I answered

"I love helping chose outfits! Yay!!" She cheered. "Follow me!" She smiled as I followed her. She ran around the store grabbing clothes. Eventually she finished and threw me in a dressing room with TONS of clothes.

As I tried on clothes she asked, "So, what's the occasion?" "A concert." I replied.

"Cool! Who are you seeing?"

"One direction, I think they're called." I yelled from the dressing room stall. "ONE DIRECTION!" She gasped.Do you know how popular and hot they are!?!?"

"Um,no. I don't get out much." I answered. "Well you're pretty lucky to see them!" She yelled. "Yeah, they seem kind of cool." I nodded. "Which ones your favorite?" Layla asked. "I don't know, my sisters didn't show me many pictures. The one with brown hair and brown eyes is okay, I think his name starts with an L or something." I replied.

"Liam?" Layla asked. "Yeah, Liam." I smiled as I put on another outfit because I didn't like the other one. "You guys would be a cute couple!" Layla said happily. "Thanks, if only I could meet him." I laughed.

Finally, I tried on a really cute outfit.

"Gorgous!" Layla squealed. "Thanks." I smiled at her. It was blue skinny jeans, a white sparkly crop top, and sparkly flats. After I paid I began to leave. "Wait!" Layla yelled. "Just incase something special happens tonight, come with me."

She brought me to a room back in the store with a curling iron. "Have you ever curled your hair?" She asked.

"No." I answered. "Well then this will be the first!" She said. After a while, she finished with long, lose waves. "You have beautiful blond hair." She complimented. No ones ever complimented me since I was 11. "Wow. Thank you." I was in shock. It wasn't really curly, but soft, lose curls.

"Make up time!" She cheered. "Do you wear make up?" She asked. "Uh. No." I said awkwardly. I guess I don't do stuff most teenage girl do, do I? She began putting on things that she called "eyeliner," and "mascara." And other stuff. "The point of make up is to make it look like your not wearing any at all." She said as she taught me how to put it on.

When she was done I looked, like, I can't describe. My hair was beautiful and my face didn't look like a clown like Olive and Matilda, but it looked natural and pretty. "Thank you so much!" I smiled at her.

"Anytime." Layla replied. I took a good look at my self in a full length mirror. I never thought I was ugly, but I never thought I was pretty until now.

"Here, let me pay for all that." I said. "My treat." Layla answered. "And keep the curling iron and make up.

"But-" "Just go have a good time." She interrupted me. "Bye and thank you sooo much!" I hugged her. Wow, she was NICE.