CHAPTER 90

Okay so yes I know it's been over a week but it was the last week of school and I had a lot of tests and my award ceremony and I shattered the bottom of the screen of my iPad I write with so it's rather difficult to write but guess what? I'm a freshman. Yeah baby. Anywhore I'm gonna warn you this is a really violent and emotional chapter so prepare yourselves. This chapter is short though due to the fact that I HAVE NO FREAKING TIME ANYMORE and I really wanted to update, so the more nice comments and votes I promise I'll update faster. :)

My eyes slowly open to see that I'm on the floor in a sleeping bag, on Cory's floor. Yawning, I look over to see Jewels and Cory sleeping in her bed, I guess they kicked me to the floor. Last night was sort of a blur.

"Wake up," I chucked a pillow at them, Jewels groaned and sat up as Cory jumped out of bed to check her phone.

"What time is it?" I asked Cory. "Let me check, 1:30." My eyes widened. "How late did we stay up?"

Memories poured in from last night, even yesterday evening with Liam and my pathetic meltdown. Me, Jewels and Cory stayed up late talking and eating. We talked about personal stuff we missed out on and laughed until we cried, it was nice.

"I don't know, last thing I remember was you mumbling some story and then you fell asleep half way through it, I think we drugged ourselves with pop and candy." Jewels laughed. "I do get slap happy when I'm tired," I smiled in embarrassment of how weird we were last night.

"You were talking about Liam in your story, that's all I understood with your mumbling." Cory said as she set her phone down. Right after she said that I immediately remembered what I was saying, I cringed and shook that out of my head.

"I'm hungry," I stood up and looked in the mirror, cringing again when I saw my appearance, "gosh I'm a mess."

"Me too." Jewels made a disgusted face when she looked at herself. "Let's go get some food," Cory laughed and we walked downstairs to eat.

After that we freshened up and got dressed, then hung out more. None of us really felt like going anywhere, we just wanted to catch up and enjoy each other's company.

"I really like the neighborhood that one apartment was in, it was so cute!" Cory grinned. "The apartment is awful small though," Jewels shrugged.

"Hurlbutt will be home in a few hours, I better get home before she finds out I didn't stay there to take care of everything. I hope Olive or Matilda fed Lucy." I threw everything into my bag, interrupting our conversation about the apartment we wanted to get.

"Thanks for coming, I'm really glad we made up." Cory said and Jewels smiled, "me too." I smiled back, I gave both of them a hug and went out the door, dreading going back.

I walked home, since it wasn't very far. When I got to the house my jaw dropped, Hurlbutt's home.

She can't be, she's not suppose to be back until seven, it's only four.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down, which obviously didn't work. "She's not gonna hurt me, I'll be fine." I told myself and walked through the door.

It was quiet, too quiet.

My bag quietly dropped to the floor as I tiptoed into Hurlbutt's office, since the door was strangely open. She wasn't in there, but what was on the computer screen caught my attention. I walked closer and read the e-mail that was on the screen.

Dear Miss. Hurlbutt,

We are just checking to make sure you got your monthly payment for you and your household, since people have been trying to steal mail lately we are very worried that people in this programs money will be stolen, please reply soon so we know you have your money!