CHAPTER 65

"We're not that bad!!" Cory smiled as she pressed the button on the machine to dispense whipped cream. "I know, this is really fun!!" I squealed. It's 5:30 and most everyone working here is leaving. Except for me, Cory, and that lady named Kayla. We work the late shift.

"Bye!" I smiled to Mary as she left. She waved and walked out. "May I help you?" I asked a man who sat at the long bar in front of the counter. "A peppermint hot chocolate." He said. I nodded and made it. I put the mix in and added the peppermint and put whipped cream on it. I feel like a pro or something haha.

I gave the man his drink and he paid and left. "Okay girls, my daughter called. She accidentally locked herself out of our house. I'm gonna go let her in and I'll be right back." Kayla said. "So we'll be here by ourselves?" Cory asked. "Yeah, can you girls handle it? I'll only be gone for 15 minutes." Kayla said. "Yeah. We'll be fine." I smiled. "Okay, be careful!" Kayla smiled as she walked out the door.

"I'm worried. What if something happens?!" I yelled. "Don't worry." Cory sighed. There was only a few people here, and a lady just walked in.

"A regular latte. Extra whipped cream." She ordered. "Sure thing." Cory smiled and walked through the door into the kitchen. There's a little space for utensils and notepads and walking behind the bar, then through the door in that space is the kitchen.

A few kids walked in and asked for cookies. I grabbed some cookies and put them in the latte packet and gave it to them. "We wanted chocolate chip." A boy glared. He looked 12. "They are." I said. "They sure don't look like it." He rolled his eyes and walked to the table with his friends.

"Faggot." I mumbled under my breath. "How long is that latte going to take?" The lady asked. I didn't know she was still standing there. "Let me check." I smiled. I walked through the door and gasped.

"What the heck did you do?!" I yelled. Cory stood there filling cups with whipped cream. "The machine won't stop." She said nervously. "Where's her latte?" I asked. She pointed to a cup covered in whipped cream on a counter. "It's got extra whipped cream like she asked for, maybe too much." Cory said. I sighed and walked out to hand it to her.

She frowned at it as she paid me and left. I ran back to the kitchen to help Cory. "This is really bad..." I frowned as I ran to the machine. "I'll try to stop it, just go make some coffee." I said. Cory went to make it and I repeatedly pressed the stopped button.

"Way to go Cory, you broke the machine!!" I yelled. "It wasn't my fault!" She defended. I put my head under it to see if there was an off button, but got my face covered in whipped cream. "Crap!" I said. There's at least 20 cups filled with wiped cream. "Doesn't it ever run out?!" I yelled.

"Okay, I'm gonna put this is in the pitcher in the cabinet by the bar." Cory said as she walked with a kettle full of black coffee. She walked out and I stood up to call Kayla. Where is she?!

As I got up I tripped over a cup full of whipped cream and fell on top of them. "AHH!!" I screamed. I sat up covered in whipped cream. "Oh no!!" Cory sighed as she saw me. "We have a group of five who all want hot chocolate." Cory ran around making it.

I banged my head against the machine that was flooding the kitchen. "MAKE IT STOP!!" I screamed. Just then someone walked in.

"Oh. My. Gosh." Jewels eyes widened. "ITS YOUR FIRST DAY!!" She screamed. "What are you doing here?!" I asked. "I came to say hi and you weren't out there so I came in here." Jewels explained. I shook my head. Typical Jewels to walk in an employee area.

"Help us!!" Cory yelled. Jewels ran up to me and put her mouth under it. I smacked her head. "What? I'm hungry." She said. "By the way, you've got quite a line out there." Jewels spit the whipped cream out. "I forgot, I hate whipped cream."