CHAPTER 64

Time to buck up and ask. I took a deep breath and walked downstairs, as I entered the living room where Hurlbutt was watching tv, I cleared my throat to get her attention. "What do you want?" She asked as she turned around. I walked in front of her so she could see me. "I have a question." I said. "Well make it quick." She grumbled.

I have a feeling she's going to say no.

I twiddled my thumbs and tried to spit it out. I'm not afraid that she'll say no, I'm afraid she'll get mad at me for the question. But I need money, and I need something to occupy my time when Hurlbutt's not making me work. Come on Sarah just ask!

"Can I get a job?" I blurted out as fast as I can. She stared at me, she's thinking, this could be a good sign. She sighed. "You go straight there and come straight back. Make sure you have dinner ready for us if you're working late, and the house must be spotless by the end of the day. If you don't follow these rules, then you'll have to lose your job." She answered.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you!" I said. Wow, I'm actually thanking that witch. "Where are you going to work?" She asked. "I don't know yet." I said. She snorted. "Then why'd you ask?"

"Because I wanted to know if I could look for a job." I replied. "Oh. The only reason I'm letting you have a job is so you can work more instead of stay at home and snoop around." She said. Snoop? Why would I snoop?

"Okay then." I said and ran upstairs.

"YES!!!" I smiled and threw myself on the bed. I'll be too busy to miss Liam now, and he's way to busy to miss me. Well we still miss each other, just not constantly and all the time. That's good, because we don't need to mope around. Tomorrow I'll look for a job with Cory, she wants one too. I texted her and went to sleep.

Money and freedom here I come.

*****************

"I want a boyfriend." Cory frowned as we walked down a busy street. "You'll get one someday." I grinned. "But you and Jewels have one, and soon enough Anna and Austin are gonna be together." Cory said. "Being single is fun." I smiled. "Not when everyone's in a relationship." She said. "Fine then." I shook my head. "You're impossible to please."

Cory elbowed me. "You too Salome." I glared at her. "Corn."

"Let's see if Starbucks needs any workers!" Cory smiled. "But everyone works at Starbucks, and the one closest to my house is still too far to drive, I need to get there quick." I said. "Okay, what about that place?" Cory asked as she pointed to a pet shop. It had a sign on the window that said HELP WANTED.

"Sure." I said as we walked over there. We walked in and I almost threw up over the smell. "It's smells like dead fish in here." Cory held her nose. "That's because there is." A girl at the front desk said. "They died this morning, but I don't know how to take care of dead fish." She said as she smacked her gum. She looked our age, she had black hair with purple highlights and wore a lot of makeup. Kind of goth, actually.

"Oh." I said. "So I heard you need workers." Cory said as we walked towards her desk. She didn't reply, she was too busy texting on her phone. "Um, hello?" I asked as we stood there awkwardly. She looked up at us with a dead expression. "Oh, yeah. Hey Jen, we have some girls looking for a job here!!" She yelled. An older lady walked in. "Lacy, are you texting? What have I told you about texting at work!!" The lady yelled.

"Sorry." Lacy rolled her eyes. "Sorry doesn't cut it this time. And what's that smell? Did you take care of the dead fish?" The lady's face got red with anger. Lacy shook her head. "THATS IT!! IM DONE WITH YOUR CRAP!!!!" The lady screamed and started yelling more at Lacy.

Me and Cory exchanged a weird glance and quietly left. "I don't want to work there." Cory shook her head. "Me neither." I frowned. We walked around but found nothing. We were losing what little hope we had.

"That coffee shop has a help wanted sign." Cory said. Across the street was an adorable little coffee shop called, "The Little Coffee Shop." I laughed. "The names accurate." Cory smiled. "That's what you think when you look at it." We crossed the street and walked in.

"Hello, we were looking for a job here." I said to the girl as the desk. She had curly brown hair and freckles. That's the girl I met here a while back. "Mary?" I asked. "Sarah!" She smiled. "Good too see you again, I'll go get the manager." Mary said. "Thanks!" I smiled. "We talked here once. She's really nice." I told Cory. Cory nodded.

"Hello girls, lucky for you there are two job openings." A dark skinned lady smiled at us. "How about you give me your application and I can interview you both? Call me Miss. Ella."

We nodded and handed them to her. I have a feeling she'll like us.

**

"I CANT BELIEVE WE GOT A JOB!!" Cory yelled as we drove home. "I KNOW RIGHT?!" I squealed. "I think it will be fun working there!" I smiled. "Yeah, don't forget we start next Monday morning. Bye!" Cory said as she got out of the car. "Bye corn!" I smiled and drove off. I got home and told Hurlbutt my work schedule.

Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning. And every evening from 4-8 on weekdays. It's a busy schedule but at least I don't work weekends. Miss.Hurlbutt agreed and let me go to sleep, gosh I'm tired.

**

I got up at 6:00 and got dressed in skinny jeans with converse and batman t-shirt. Me and Liam got matching shirts before he left, we like to wear them around and act all cool when we're not. I straightened my hair and made sure that dinner was still in the fridge, Hurlbutt makes me cook dinner for them as you know so I pre-cook it and put it in the fridge for them later.

Incase you're confused, it's Monday. The first day of work. Cory drives herself because her mom and dad want her to get use to driving by herself. It's funny because they make her drive her dads old grubby car.

I drove to The Little Coffee Shop and walked in. They don't open till 7:30 and it's only 6:45.

"Hello." I smiled as I walked in. Miss.Ella led me to the kitchen. She already taught me and Cory how to do everything last Saturday. "Just make sure you have everything ready to start working. This morning you'll take orders. When you get here after school I'll have you make some coffee." She said. "Okay," I smiled.

I got a notepad and a pen and met everyone there. Mary was there, and a few other people. A guy my age named Mark, a middle aged woman named Jenny, and another lady named Kayla. They're all really nice.

"It's about time you showed up." I smirked at Cory who walked in. "I couldn't get out of bed." She said tiredly. Cory's not exactly a morning person. "We're taking orders today." I said. "I know, Miss.Ella already told me everything once I came in." Cory said.

People started coming in at 7:30. I smiled excitedly at Cory. "Good luck." I winked and walked off to take someone's order.

**

"I think I like working there." I smiled as we talked to Jewels on our way home from school. "Me too. I didn't have any problems." Cory said. "I'm surprised, you guys are an accident waiting to happen." Jewels laughed. "I'm worried we'll screw something up this afternoon." Cory said. "I know, we're gonna make coffee and cookies. But I'm a pretty good cook." I said.

"Well have fun, bye." Jewels smiled as she got out of my truck when we pulled into her driveway. We smiled and drove to work.

"Ready to make stuff?" Jenny asked. "I guess." I smiled. "You know how to make coffee, but when they ask for a latte, you put extra ingredients and all that." Jenny started telling us everything. After a while we learned it all, this should be easy.

It's just making different coffees, nothing can go wrong, right?

Ok so yea my name is Sarah Best and the main characters name is Sarah Best.

How cliche and stupid am I? Well guess what it's too late to change it.

And my middle name is different, so BOOM.

I'm in a weird mood.........

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! ITS CHRISTMAS EVE EVE EVE!!

Louis birthday is Tuesday!! HE CANT TURN 22!!

Ok I'm done talking VOTE AND COMMENT bye(: