"Friends"

~Max~

My eyes flutter open when warmth registers on my face.

The world outside is bright and warm with color, signifying that the night has passed.

I sigh, blowing some stray hairs out of my eyes.

Last night... *sigh* last night was hard. I don't think either of us got any sleep with me basically waking up every few hours from a nightmare.

I rub my wrists and neck just to be sure.

*sigh* Nothing.... Good.

Anyways, Chloe literally had to hold me until I came to my senses, which sometimes took longer than I'd like to admit. I can tell she's worried sick about me, the way she looks at me.... it's like she's afraid I'll break or something.

I yawn and stretch a little, finding myself somewhat restrained. Momentary panic sets in until I realize that Chloe is simply holding me.

Shit... I must have had another nightmare.

I look at her for a moment, blue hair framing her perfect face, the morning light making her cheeks almost glow.

God, Chloe look so beautiful in this morning light.... I- I wish I could stay like this forever, but... yeah, I think I learned that time isn't something that should be fucked with.

Heh.

Well, there's a way I can metaphorically capture the moment, so, carefully ease myself out of Chloe's arms and grab my camera.

I adjust myself until she's in the frame just perfectly. I take the shot.

SNAP

The flash wakes her up.

Shit.

"Do you mind?" She mumbles, covering her eyes.

"Sorry... I can't help it. You looked so pretty," I reply shyly.

She looks up doubtfully, but then takes a look at the Polaroid as I hand it to her.

"Damn... you're good at this shit. Maybe better than William, and that's saying something".

I blush, feeling quite honored to have my photography skills compared to her late father.

O ne of the late fathers anyways.

A sinking feeling settles in my gut as I take the photo back.

Because of me.... Chloe has lost everyone she cares about.

Well, she has me, but... I- I feel like she secretly resents me for my choice.

"Max," Chloe says suddenly, snapping me out of my depressing thoughts.

"Hmm?".

"I said, 'No worries' about the pictures. I know you've got a photo quota to fulfill," Chloe says as she rouses herself and turns to me, "You ok?".

I nod, "Yeah, I'm fine and uh, I... I'm sorry for my constant yelling last night".

"That's ok too," she replies quickly.

We blush and stare at each other for a moment, our minds probably going over the occurrences of last night.

There is an awkward few moments of silence before Chloe invites me for a walk in the field we parked next to.

I look to my right, barely just realizing the beautiful green luscious field we parked next to.

"Okay," I say. A warm breeze flows in the air, bringing with is a warm earthy scent.