Chapter 6 (Just revised)

Dominic

Belladonna was my newest endeavor and I have to say I was immensely pleased with how the renovations had turned out, the fact that I had more than made back the money I'd poured into this place and the people that would stand in line just to get in told me I'd done very well.  Tonight was the one year anniversary of our official opening and I had instructed the VIP staff to put out ice buckets full of Cristal all over the third floor area.

  I normally didn't go out to clubs but since this one was mine I decided that going out once in a while couldn't hurt and it might actually give the stress relief that I was looking for instead of searching for it in a different woman's bed every night; I also enjoyed dressing down and wearing just a dress shirt and dress pants, but I always stuck with the color black; and speaking of women, Colette had managed to worm her way into the VIP area.  

She was really starting to get on my nerves; some women think because you stick your dick in them once or twice they have a claim on you.  I'd had the talk many times with her that she was just a fuck and although she said she understood I was beginning to think she would be a problem sooner rather than later.  

I heard the elevator ping and watched Dino step out with two gorgeous women on his heels; I had been watching them ever since Dino told me he was helping a friend and her friend get into the club.  The tall one was beautiful, make no mistake but the short woman was different; he almost felt like he already knew her but he couldn't place it. 

 "Ladies" Dino said.  "This is your host, Dominic Giossi" and then he left.  I stood up to acknowledge the women and then bid them to take a seat and had one of the staff get them a glass of champagne.  

"This is quite a club you have here" Cassie said to Dominic. 

 "Thank you" he said politely.  "Tonight is our one year anniversary so I thought I would come and see what all the fuss was about" he smiled.  

Dino came back and leaned over to me saying "I'm off shift now, boss."  I nodded, knowing what he was saying.  Dino took the hand of the lady that had just been speaking and they moved to another table leaving me with the object of my desire, for the night anyway; then she spoke. 

 "You don't remember me do you, Mr. Giossi?" she said smiling.  I was perplexed.  I'd met this beautiful creature before?  Surely not, I would have remembered.

"I'm sorry but I think I would have remembered meeting you" I said confidently.  

She stood up and said "Maybe this will refresh your memory."  She dug something out of her purse, turned around, piled her hair on top of her head and then turned back around wearing glasses.  Holy shit!  It was the girl I'd met at my mother's house, the Batmobile girl!  I guess she could tell by the look on my face that I'd had total recall because she was giggling now and that laugh definitely made me remember. 

 "Well, I suppose I should be completely embarrassed now" I said wryly.  She sat back down and put her glasses back in her purse. 

 "No, it just proves you're human" she answered; her smile was so beautiful.  I engaged her in more meaningful conversation and found her to be intelligent, witty, funny, beautiful of course and sweet.  I was drawn to her.

I asked her about herself but she was reluctant to talk about herself so instead she turned the tables and said "I will answer one question you ask and then I get to ask you one" she said, her eyes twinkling.  I'd never encountered someone as lovely as her. 

 "Deal" I answered.  

She looked thoughtful for a bit and I could tell she was really thinking hard about the question when she finally asked "Did you go to college?"  That's not one he would usually get from women; they usually wanted to know how much money I made or what kind of car I drove, materialistic things like that.  

"I did.  I went to NYU for four years and got my degree in Business Management.  Okay, my turn" I said clapping my hands.  "Did you go to college?"  she nodded.  

"I went to Le Cordon Bleu in Paris and when I finished there I went on to finish at NYU's Culinary Institute" she announced proudly.  She should be proud and that explained why she could speak fluent French, but not Italian.

My turn again.  "How did you come to speak fluent Italian?" I asked.  Her smile turned lazy as if she was thinking back on a fond memory. 

 "My mentor, in Paris, had one spot open for a summer internship at the Italian Culinary Institute and he put my name in the hat and I was chosen.  It was the hardest year of my life but the most rewarding."  

Great answer I thought.  We spent the next wonderful hour talking about our families, work, what brought us joy and everything in between.  It turns out that her father had passed away when she was twenty, as had mine and that's what brought her to New York.  I already knew this from my mother and my own background check but it was refreshing to not be lied to.  Honesty and loyalty were my two pet peeves, without those you have nothing.  I couldn't help but wonder if this woman, Camille, would be able to handle my way of life that is if I chose to pursue her; nevertheless I didn't want the evening to end, I wanted more time with her. 

 "Would you like to get out of here and get some coffee?" I asked, hoping she'd say yes.  

She smiled and said "I know the perfect place."