Chapter 79 (Just revised)

Dominic

It was harder than I thought it would be, watching her pack. I just tried to focus on that in a little over twenty-four hours from now,  I would be holding my wife, making love to her and hopefully making a bambino (baby) with her. 

I watched her mind whirling as she mentally went over her list, trying not to forget anything.

"You're so beautiful, do you know this?" I asked her. She turned around, putting her small hands on my hips and stepped to me; her touch making me shiver every time. 

She craned her neck to look at me and said "I love hearing you say it." I tucked a small piece of her behind her ear, rubbed my thumb across her lips and then bent down to give her a kiss; when we broke apart her lips were red and swollen, just like I love. 

"I suppose I should leave you alone so you can finish up" I said sighing. 

"What are you guys going to be doing tonight?" she asked me. 

"Just staying here" I told her. She raised her eyebrow like she didn't believe me. 

"You mean you aren't going to Desideris?" she asked coyly. 

"Uh, no" I responded. "It didn't turn out so well the last time I went there and besides why would I need someone to dance for me when I have you?" She blushed, knowing exactly what I was referring to and to be honest she could dance for me like that any time. I went on to tell her that her dad, Beni, Dante, Carlo, Dino and Fino were going to stay and we were going to eat, play poker, drink and smoke cigars.

I saw the relief that passed through her eyes and it wasn't lost on me but I didn't say anything to her. She didn't need the added stress of worrying about me tonight; I wanted her to sleep well. "What are you guys doing?" I asked her. She said it was just going to be her, Cassie and my mother so they would probably talk, experiment with hair styles, do their nails, all that fun feminine stuff. 

"Well" she said. "I've got everything, I think." And with that I walked her downstairs.

"Dad!" she cried as she ran up to Antonio. It was touching to see them getting along so well.

"How are you feeling, tesoro?" he asked. 

She giggled and said "Like I'm getting married!" She linked her arm in his as they walked out to the awaiting car and I grabbed her suitcase, put it in the trunk and then got the door for her. "I love you dad" she said to Antonio. 

"And I will see you Sunday. Oh and make sure he gets to the house on time, please?" she joked while pointing at me. He bent down and kissed both cheeks. 

"I'm so incredibly blessed that I get to walk my daughter down the aisle" his voice very emotional. 

"I feel the same way too, Dad" she responded. She turned to me, looking up at me with eyes like the sea and said "I will see you soon, Mr. Giossi." 

I kissed her tenderly and replied "Yes you will, Mrs. Giossi." I loved the smile my statement afforded me; this beautiful woman standing in front of me was going to be mine in every way and I couldn't wait.  Watching her leave left a little ache in my heart but I soon replaced that with thoughts of our wedding and the honeymoon.

Antonio put his arm around my shoulder and said "I have everything ready for your trip. The house is complete, you will have a staff of five to take care of your needs, it will be fully stocked with everything from food to drinks, you will have a pool and a car at your disposal. I know you will be on your honeymoon but I would love to spend some time with the both of you while you are there." I nodded. 

"Absolutely. I wouldn't dare think to bring her there without having her spend time with her father. That's a given, Antonio and I can't thank you enough for preparing the house for us to use. Seeing the expression on her face will just be the icing on the cake"I told him. 

We walked back into the house where I asked if they were ready for poker, food and cigars. Amelia had been good enough to put together some antipasto trays, different meats and cheeses, some dips and three different desserts; we surely wouldn't starve tonight. Beni and Dante were getting the poker table, scotch and cigars ready when my phone buzzed. It was Camille. "You miss me already, cara?" I joked. 

"I really do" she said but then added "I just wanted to hear your voice one more time and tell you that I love you madly."  She had all the power in that one statement and it made me feel like a king.

"Beni, you deal" I instructed my second, as all seven of us were seated at the poker table. The air was hazy with cigar smoke, laughter and good clean fun. I had already asked Dante earlier if he would be my best man; he was my blood family and had cried at my request. 

He and I had never really talked about what had gone on that night in the warehouse when we both were shot; we didn't 'share' our feelings but I knew he'd taken it pretty hard when I got shot.  After our investigation was complete we'd found that it wasn't anyone's fault what happened it was just one of those things, we took a gamble, rolled the dice and almost lost,  but I cared for and loved him more like a brother than a cousin and I couldn't think of anyone that I would rather have stand up with me than him.