Chapter 22 (Just revised)

Dominic

"Camille?" I said.

  "Hmm" she answered as she stroked my chest. 

 "My mother is having her annual black tie affair tomorrow night and want you to stand by my side" I stated.  She rolled over and straddled me, her hands on either side of my head. 

 "Do.you.now?" she said giving me three little kisses.  God she was beautiful. 

 "Yes" I replied moving her hair from her eyes.  "I hope you don't mind but I bought you a dress to wear" I said searching her face to see if I had crossed any lines with my purchase.  She sat up, taking my hands she raised them to her naked breasts and started to grind her hips into mine. 

 "Well" she husked "I guess it depends on the dress."  She was a vixen, a goddess, this one.  I thrust my hips up to meet hers causing her throw her head back and groan. 

 "I also got Dino to call Cassie to bring your favorite black heels" I said through gritted teeth as she continued to tease me.  As she brought her eyes back to mine, she moved her hand between her legs and started pleasuring herself.  

"Ah!" she gasped.  "I guess" she said now panting.  "If you went to so much trouble" she said very aroused.  "The least I could do is go with you" she started to come at that point and I became lost in watching her come undone.  I flipped her on her back, grabbed a condom and made love to her.

As I watched Camille sleep the realization came to me that I was falling in love with her, that I wanted her as my wife and the mother of my children.  I'd never felt like this before but her willingness to forgive me, to accept me and my life, putting herself out there again for me said volumes.  

And it was true, what she had said, we both knew where this was going, only she figured it out way before I did and I was thankful she didn't give up on me.  She would make an excellent wife and our children were going to be lucky having her for a mother.  I marveled once again at her capacity for love; it would seem that she had plenty for everyone, her heart was a never ending source of it.  I slid from our bed quietly, pulled on my sweatpants, grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.  I needed to talk to my mom, she needed to know about this before tomorrow night.  

"Dominic, darling.  I'm so glad you called" my mother spoke honestly.

  "Mom" I said.  "I have something I need to tell you; I need you to be calm and listen to everything I say before you say anything, okay?" I hoped she could do this.  

"Okay, son" she said, her tone serious now. 

 "I have met someone and you know her.  She is coming with me tomorrow night and even though I don't need it, I would like your blessing because you are my mother and I have nothing but respect for you" I finished.

  "Dom, I'm very happy for you.  Who is this girl that has stolen my son's heart?" she asked.  

I took a deep breath and said "Camille Devereaux."  There was a moment of silence before my mom would speak again.

  "I knew it" she said, I could hear her smile.  "I could tell by the way she looked at you the day she came to the house.  Darling, you've made a good choice; she will be a good wife and a good mother.  You have made me very happy, son" she finished. 

 "I love you, mom" I said, ashamed that I didn't say it as much as I should.  I had worked so very hard at hiding my emotions and sentiments that I found it hard to express it to those that needed to hear it the most.  It made me feel weak and vulnerable and I didn't like feeling like that.

I had just hung up with my mom, when I felt her arms come around my waist.  "Did I wake you?" I asked.  She kissed my back and then positioned herself in front of me. 

 "I only woke up because the bed was empty" she answered staring back up at me. 

 "Your eyes are very beautiful" I told her.  "They remind me of the Italian sea."  She didn't say anything but placed her arms back around me and pulled me nearer; we just stood there enjoying each other. 

 "I really would love to see that dress" she asked, I could feel her smiling against my skin. 

 "Well then" I said grabbing her hand.  "Come with me" he said.  When we reached my closet I pulled out a white garment bag and hung it on the back of the door, then stepped out of the way so she could unzip it. 

 "Oh my God, Dom!" she breathed when she saw it.  "It's so beautiful" she said feeling the material.  It was a black, strapless heart shaped mermaid gown with a very plunging neckline.  "I can't wait to try it on!" she smiled.  She carefully zipped the bag back up and threw her arms around me.  "I love it.  Thank you" she said softly. 

 "Anything for you, bella.  Anything" I answered.

I left her taking a bath, telling her I would be in my study taking care of business.  

"Beni, talk to me" I said, all business now. 

 "The shipment made it to California; there was a little issue with customs but it was straightened out and some of the dancers have been asking about Colette" he said.  I sighed.  I figured as much.  I would need to take care of this myself and have a talk with them.  They needed to be reminded what it meant working for me. 

 "I'll be ready in about forty-five minutes" I told Beni, hanging up.  I really didn't want to leave Camille but I needed to take care of business.  I headed back upstairs to talk to her.  She had just gotten out of the bath when I walked in; she was wrapped in a towel, her shoulders still wet from the water and sexy as sin. 

 I explained what was going on and she shocked me by asking if I would take her with me.  I agreed only because I needed to see how she could handle herself with this part of my business.  Twenty minutes later she came out in the sexiest short black dress, it fit her body perfectly, hugging all her curves and although I wasn't too crazy about the plunging and revealing neckline, she would be with me.  

"You look breathtaking" I told her. 

 "I guess I need to tell Cassie thank you for sending along more than my shoes.  Let's go, baby" she said smiling.  This should be very interesting, I thought.