Chapter 15 (Just revised)

Camille

Making it through that first week was hell.  I still couldn't really eat anything but I forced at least some proteins down my throat, I read a lot, watched TV a lot and stared out the window a lot. 

Getting rid of his memory was going to be harder than I imagined and sometimes I would think it's because I didn't really want to. Dominic Giossi had gotten under my skin and more importantly inside my heart.

 I had actually spoke with Cassie yesterday, she was still seeing Dino,  so for some reason she felt it necessary to let me know Dominic was miserable since our confrontation. Well good, I'm glad I told her but she knew me too well. I wasn't glad, not at all. I wouldn't wish what I'd been going through on my worst enemy.

 "Cass, I love you so much. You're my best friend and the only person I know that would put up with me" I told her.

 "Well just remember you owe me big time" she laughed. We said our goodbyes and hung up.

I was craving pancakes so I ordered some from room service. I laughed out loud at my choice...pancakes for lunch! At least I was hungry; while waiting on my food I turned on the BBC and started watching Being Human. I was really getting into it when a knock at my door pulled me away. My pancakes had arrived! I took a walk on the wild side and slathered them in butter and then drowned them in maple syrup. If anyone had been around they'd a thought I was having an orgasm! I guess I really was hungry, I cleaned my plate. 

After eating I went and brushed my teeth and washed my face, turned off the TV and grabbed my book. God only knows what made me bring Fifty Shades Darker but all that did was make me horny. When I couldn't read much longer I slammed it shut and threw it on the coffee table, walked over to the patio and stepped outside. New York was so busy, day or night, it never stopped living or breathing, no matter the time of day, life went on down below.

Since my sleep patterns had been off for a while I slept when my body felt tired which resulted in sporadic naps throughout the day and after said nap I woke up to find it was seven-thirty in the evening. Damn I was really tired!

 I decided to tidy up so I made the bed, put dirty laundry in the hamper, cleaned up my kitchenette, and cleaned up the living area; now it was eight forty-five. I picked my pink tank shirt and white lace bikini panties and went to take a shower. I took my time washing every inch, shampooing my hair, conditioning it, shaving my arms, legs and my sex; feeling much better I turned off the water, toweled off, stepped out and dressed. Hanging up my wet towels on the shower I turned the lights out and went towards my bed. My heart stopped for a millisecond when I caught a glimpse of a figure sitting on my bed.

I started to yell at him when I noticed something was off. First his hands were bloody, knuckles were skinned and bleeding, his shirt was dirty and so was his jacket and pants, his hair was messy and he reeked of whiskey. 

"What the hell, Dominic?" I said softly. 

He was mumbling "I fucked up. She doesn't want me anymore." My body tensed when I realized he meant me; then my heart went all gooey. I grabbed my first aid kit, I never go anywhere without it, then I went and got a couple of wet wash clothes and a small hand towel, came back and pulled up a chair in front of him.

"Come on, baby" I said gently pulling at his jacket and getting it off without a fight, I emptied the pockets putting the contents on the side table, shoes and socks were next. Wow, he had sexy feet! I hesitated when I saw the gun in his waistband but grabbed it and put it with his other things and told him "I'll be right back" and went to start a bath. 

When I came back I heard his phone vibrate, it was Beni. I was surprised his phone wasn't locked but given his state I really wasn't so I answered it.

 "Dom, damn it! You scared the hell outta me!" Beni shouted.

 "Beni?" I said. 

"Camille?" he was just as shocked. "Please tell me" he started. 

I said "He's okay Beni, he's with me." I could hear him exhale in relief. 

"I'm on my way" he said. 

"Beni, let me take care of him tonight. You at least owe me that much" I said. 

He sighed and said "You're right. Have him call me in the morning, okay?" I assured him that I would.

I fiddled with his belt as he just continued sitting there looking at me like I was a dream; finally I pulled it through the loops and off. I was glad I had turned the water on to run slowly. I got his shirt pulled out, unbuttoned and off when I noticed all the marks and scars that marred his beautiful chest. I stood, gently lifting his face, and started wiping the blood, dirt, grime and sweat off his skin; getting him clean I went for his hands next. 

I got them cleaned, treated and wrapped, stood him up and removed his pants and underwear. "Come on, big guy. We're going to the bathroom" I said walking with him. The water was right where I had wanted and I helped him get in and settled; grabbing a clean rag I tenderly washed his body. 

"Sit up" I coaxed wanting to wash his hair. I used the giant plastic cup I brought with me from home to wet his hair, shampooed and conditioned it, rinsed him and let the water out. I couldn't believe how compliant and quiet he was.

 "Dominic, I need you to help me by standing up" I instructed. It was easier said than done but we managed; I got him dried off and into bed. He fell right to sleep. I sighed shaking my head at the events that had just unfolded trying to figure out if the universe was giving me a second chance and did I want it?