Chapter 35 (Just revised)

Dominic

I didn't get much sleep but it was worth it; Camille showed me exactly what I would be missing for four days.  God she was amazing in bed!  She was girly and feminine one minute and sexy and wild the next; the erotic things she would whisper to me were the things porn movies were made of.  I couldn't begin to realize how lucky I was to have her in my life but when I got back from this trip I was going to marry her.  I didn't want to wait; I couldn't.  I wanted her to have the Giossi name and I wanted her belly round with our child. 

 "You love her, don't you?" Antonio asked me as I stared out the window. 

 "I do, very much.  In fact I would like to have your approval to ask her to marry me when we return from Miami" I sought his blessing; a union between our two families would strengthen us and make us unstoppable. 

 "I will grant it" he said.  "But on one condition" he added. 

 "And that would be?" I asked. 

 "Please never take each other for granted; always talk, never go to bed angry and love each other no matter what" his wise words rang true.  I stuck my hand out to him. 

 "I promise, Antonio.  I love her more than life" I said genuinely.  

Three hours and forty minutes later we were touching down in Miami; a bullet proof SUV waiting for us on the tarmac.

  "Gentlemen, welcome to Miami!" our host and new business partner, Raul Gomez, greeted us enthusiastically.  "Refreshment and relaxation first or right to business?" he asked.  We always opted for business first. 

 "Si" he said.  "Business first."  We were going to be guests at his new hotel, The Palms of Miami, it was a luxury resort with all of the amenities one with money would come to expect. 

 "We put in a state-of-the-art security system" he said pointing to the ceilings where the cameras were placed.  "All employees have to scan their thumb print in order to go from one part of the hotel to another, that way we can keep track of everything" he said showing us the ID pads on the doors.  "We included an all-inclusive package for our lobby casino; the guests can pay one set price and that will include the bet for whatever game they choose and five drinks; anything after five comes out of their pocket.  So far the patrons seem to like it and it is raking in the money" he said laughing.

He showed us the restaurant style kitchen with all the bells and whistles; gourmet meals, he said were what people asked for the most when coming to his hotel.  He placed his thumb over the ID pad to access the private elevator. 

 "Come let me show you the Presidential Suite" he said as we rode up to the 32nd floor.  It was very impressive but the bottom numbers on something like this, from start to finish, is what would really impress me.  "Each guest is given a key card" he said sliding his down the reader; when it clicked and turned green he turned the handle and threw open the door.  It was stylish and classy, not over-the-top either.  

We walked in to a marbled entry way, went down three steps into the living room which was very spacious.  It contained a plush looking sectional, coffee table, two big chairs, end tables and a fire place; there was a full kitchen furnished with all stainless steel appliances, and Raul told us that this particular suite had a master bedroom and two guests rooms.  After the tour of the suite he asked us to follow him to his office.

"What I need" he said going all business.  "Is a reliable supplier, so I can be the middle man and supply items of want to my countrymen in Cuba" he puffed on a cigar.  Antonio spoke up. 

 "We know you are an honorable man, Senor Gomez.  Many people that I do business with have assured me that we can trust you, that you have never been late on your payments and that, more importantly, you are a man of your word.  After all, what is a man without his word?"  He nodded and turned to me. 

 "Young Giossi, what are your thoughts?" he asked.  I rubbed my chin.  

"I have been told the same things from my business partners as well and will go one step further.  You stuck your neck out once, with nothing to gain but everything to lose, in order to help your supplier keep his shipment.  That's important to me.  It shows me that you have balls of steel and that's the kind of man I want to do business with" I finished with conviction.  

 He slapped me on the back and laughed out loud, poured shots of tequila and said, raising his glass "To a mutually beneficial relationship with our Italian brothers!"  It didn't take long for them all to end up staggeringly drunk.  This is going to be a long four days I thought when Raul brought in girls for entertainment. 

 Beni and I respectfully bowed out when it came to the carnal pleasures game; we both had women that we were true to.  Once, I would have never thought twice about taking two at once to bed but that was before I had Camille waiting at home for me in our bed.  I told Beni I was going to step out to make a call; he grinned at me and I rolled my eyes at him and pointed to my gun. 

 "Is my sexy man missing me already?" her sultry voice toyed with me.  

"You have no idea, tesoro.  This new business partner knows how to really wine-and-dine his clients" I added.  We spoke a bit longer and then I told her I needed to go.

  "I love you, Mr. Giossi" she said sighing. 

 "I love you too, cara.  Be careful at work tomorrow" I warned.  She blew me a kiss and said goodnight.  The sooner we get back to New York the better I'll feel.