Chapter 30 (Just revised)

Camille

Dominic had asked for me to join him in his study; that's what Dante had said as he led me that way.  I grabbed the first aid kit on the way, I didn't want to look at his wound but I needed to check and make sure my stitches held and that it was staying clean. 

 "Go on in" Dante said.  "You don't need to knock."  I slowly opened the door and the sight in front of me made my heart go soft.  Dom was asleep with a glass of whiskey precariously sitting on his knee.  I honestly don't know how he'd found the strength to go as long as he did. 

 I walked over to the couch, took the glass from his hand and removed my robe.  I had taken a shower while he was gone and put on my boxers that I had made; I took men's red boxers and sewn pink lace on them making them girly and cute pj bottoms and paired it with a pink tank shirt.  I sat the first aid kit down next to him  and climbed on his lap, laying my head on his left shoulder; his hand immediately went around my waist. 

 "Sorry to wake you" I said softly.  "But I need to look at your shoulder."  He mumbled something that resembled 'okay' so I sat up, unbuttoned his shirt and carefully took it off; I could see a little blood on the dressing so I was a little concerned that maybe he'd busted the stitches.  Tenderly peeling back the bandage I was relieved to see the stitches still intact it was just a little blood that had seeped from the wound. 

 I got out a cleansing pad and lightly dabbed the area until the blood was gone, put on some antibacterial ointment and redressed it with a waterproof bandage I found in the kit.  "Come on, baby" I said getting off his lap.  "It's my turn to take care of you" I said leading him from the study.

We quietly went up the stairs and into our bedroom.  I walked into the bathroom and started the water filling the tub.  Earlier when I had been downstairs I had looked at his extensive CD collection and found, by the powers of observation, that he liked Antonio Vivaldi, an Italian composer. 

 I popped the CD into the player and turned the volume down and the lights in the bathroom and went to get Dominic.  I found him just sitting on the bed, waiting for me.  Getting down on my knees I removed his shoes and socks; I felt like this was deja vu all over again but pushed those thoughts away as this was an entirely different scenario.  I stood him up, took off his belt and removed his pants and led him into the bathroom. 

 "Get in" I instructed.  Once he was in,  I took my cup from the counter, dipped it in the water and said "Lean your head back."  He groaned as my fingers went through his hair washing it thoroughly, my nails scraping his scalp.

  "That feels so good, Cam" he mumbled. 

 "Close your eyes, I'm going to rinse your hair" I explained.  Once his hair was done, I lovingly washed his body with a soft cloth and his body wash.  I pushed the drain release, stood and got him a towel.

While he was drying off I went and picked up his clothes, put them away and pulled the bed down and then went back to check on him; he was brushing his teeth. 

 When he was done he turned to me and said "Come here, tesoro."  Without hesitation I went straight into his arms. 

 "Thank you for taking care of me" he said with emotion.  

"I will always want to take care of you, Dom.  That's what you do when you love someone" I said waiting for it.  I felt his body tense and heard him swallow hard. 

 "You...you love me?" his voice full of amazement.  I answered him right away. 

 "I have for a while now.  I don't care if it's too soon, or if we just met, I don't care.  My heart wants what it wants and I want you.  I want to take care of you, if you'll let me.  I know you're used to being alone but not anymore.  Let me be your better half" I said lightly kissing his chest. 

 I knew that I had thrown a whole lot at him; Mr. I-like-control-in-all-things; who does that remind you of?  But the response I received was a bone-crushing hug, kiss on the head and then he gently lifted my chin so our eyes could meet. 

 "I think I loved you when I saw you at my mom's but I really knew it when you made fun of me for not remembering you that night at Belladonna" he said, gorgeous lips hovering above mine; I loved it when we were lost in our own space, just us and he could be so romantic and sensual but within the blink of an eye he could be rough and forceful; he was the epitome of the duality of man.

We lay there wrapped up in each other's arms; Dom was sleeping but I couldn't and it didn't matter, I was right where I wanted to be.  I knew there were going to be some rough times ahead and for the rest of our lives given what he does for a living but we could get through it as long as he trusted me and didn't shut me out.

  I knew I would be good for him; he needed someone to come home to at night.  I had watched my dad struggle with that night after night and I had even imagined that Antonio had as well.  He never mentioned having a wife or a girlfriend.  Antonio...that was another matter that needed my attention as well.  If I was going to give him a chance I needed to get to know him better. 

 Finally feeling tired I closed my eyes, dreaming of the man laying beside me and thinking about the man that gave me life.