Chapter 50 (Just revised)

Camille

So much for making him suffer, I huffed to myself while picking up my swimsuit and putting it back on, then I went to pick up my towel and put it on when Dominic said very quietly "Leave it off and come here."  

He was still on the couch but instead of laying down he was sitting up, naked from the waist up.  I walked over slowly to him and stopped between his legs, watching as his eyes roved over my body, making me heat up; he pulled on me so I was forced to straddle his lap.  He leaned back against the couch, ran his hands through his hair and exhaled, he was gearing up for something.

  "I don't know where to start, Cam" he began.  "I'm not going to say 'I'm sorry' because it would just be a word to you.  I'm not going to make excuses for getting drunk and I'm not going to make excuses for putting myself in that position.  What I will do is tell you that I love you, I need you and I want you in my life.  I can't do this without you and I don't want to own you, I want you to be here because this is where you want to be. 

 I know I hurt you, again, and I can't promise that it won't happen again either but what I can promise you is this, you will never find me in an intimate position with another woman that isn't you.  You are enough for me and you are what brings me pleasure...YOU."  He said all the right words and looking into his eyes I knew he was telling me the truth, but...

I leaned forward into him, wrapping my arms around his waist and laying my head on his chest but he didn't move.  He wanted me to tell him it was okay, I got it.

  "Put your arms around me, baby" I whispered, sighing as I felt them come around me.  "Never let me go" I finished.  He tightened his grip around me letting me know he heard my words.  I felt so comfortable being with him like this, it felt normal and natural and I loved it.  "I need you too, you know" I said craning my neck up so I could see his face.  He just closed his eyes at my confession.  I sat up grabbing his face in my hands. 

 "Please Dominic" I begged.  "Don't shut me out, tesoro" my plea sounding more like a sob.  Slowly opening his eyes to me I began reading him like a book; and for the first time I saw that he felt vulnerable.  He placed my hand over his heart, it was beating wildly in his chest; bending down I moved my hand and placed a long kiss where my hand had just been.  "Give it to me.  All of it" I pleaded.  He sighed and then said something I never thought I would hear pass his lips.

  "I don't know if I can."

"Then, I guess...I guess there is no reason for me to be here" I said quietly as I got off his lap.  I kept hoping that if I walked slowly enough he would stop me but he never did and once I reached the door, opened it and walked through it, that was it. 

 I just looked at Beni, as I passed by, reaching, grasping for anything but he looked just as shocked as I did.  They all did; Beni, Dante, Carlo, Fino and Cassie.  I walked slowly up the stairs, in a daze, to go pack and to leave the place I thought was going to be my home.  I could hear Cassie speaking to me but her words didn't make any sense, her lips were moving but nothing was coming out of them. 

 "Camille!" she shouted.  

Blinking several times I finally turned to her and said "He doesn't want me.  Just please, help me pack and get me out of here.  I can't stay here another minute!" I sobbed.  I could hear her mumbling about what an asshole he was and what a dumb ass he was for letting me walk out of his life.  I just threw on some blue jean shorts, tee shirt and tennis shoes; I didn't bother packing anything nicely I just wanted to get the hell out of there.

I walked down the stairs and walked up to Fino, kissed him on the cheek and said "Keep him safe."  He nodded and looked down; I walked up to Carlo and said "Keep him safe."  He nodded and looked down; I repeated this with Dante and Beni as well.  Dante grabbed my hand, I couldn't look at him and just shook my head as the tears fell from my eyes. 

 "Dante will follow Carlo in your car, Camille.  You will be taken to Dino's" Beni said to me.  I couldn't look at him either; these men that I had grown to love in such a short time.  My family was being ripped from me again and it was breaking my heart.  I would never allow myself to fall in love again...ever.  

Dominic had ruined me for any other man.  I looked up to say "Beni, tell him...never mind.  It doesn't matter any more" as I walked out the door I heard Dominic tearing up his study, the guys would have their hands full dealing with him.  I didn't want to care anymore but I did and probably would for a long time.

I had taken some of what Cassie had said and showed him the fire, that Italian passion and I thought for a moment it had worked.  But he couldn't give me everything like I'd given him and to me that was enough to tell me I didn't belong in his world.  My heart was broken; he'd broken me.