Chapter 32 (Just revised)

Camille 

I busied myself in the kitchen cooking dinner for my family; I felt the happiest when I cooked for people.  Not that I was conceited but I was a very good cook and pastry chef and with all the time and effort I put into doing it well I wanted others to enjoy it too.  I was making my famous lasagna roll ups; I made the noodles from scratch and the sauce, I used Italian sausage, fresh spinach, ricotta cheese, parm cheese and fresh mushrooms.  I cooked the sausage first with a little brown sugar, it helped cut the bite of the fennel in the sausage; I cooked down the spinach with it and then added the mushrooms last; when that was done it all went into a bowl with the two cheeses.  I put a thin layer of the sausage, cheese and veggies on the length of the noodles, rolled them up and laid them on the fresh marinara in a casserole dish, covered with more sauce and cheese and baked it in the oven.

  While that was baking I made a salad and bruschetta with fresh mozzarella cheese, onions, tomato, olive oil, salt and pepper and for dessert you could never go wrong with Italian cream cake.  The house was filled with the amazing aroma of freshly prepared food and I loved it.  I stepped back from the table I sat and was completely happy with that as well.

I didn't realize when I stepped back that I would be hitting a solid wall of muscle, so I turned slowly to see Dominic standing there smiling down at me. 

 "What are you up to, tesoro?" he asked. 

 "Kiss me first, Mr. Giossi" I prodded.  His eyes darkened as he leaned down, kissing me hard. 

 "Was that what you wanted?" he asked as he pulled back, opening his eyes slowly.  

"Uh huh" I said breathlessly; he had me completely disoriented now as I stood there just staring at him. 

 "What are you up to?" he asked again this time smiling at me.  

"Oh" I said grinning like an idiot.  "I made dinner for all of us.  I thought we could sit down as a family and eat" I answered him.  

"Really?" he seemed shocked.  I nodded.  

"If you can call everyone to the table we can sit down" I said reaching into the cabinet for the plates.  The roll ups were a pretty good size but so were the men I was about to feed; so I made enough for them to have four each.  I plated up the entree, had the salad on the table and was getting ready to take the bruschetta out of the oven when I heard their voices.

Smiling, I handed each one of them a plate and received a 'grazie' from each man.  Once they had all been served I went to the table to join them only to have each man stand up when I walked over to the table, Dominic pulling my chair out for me. 

 "Grazie" I told him.  The men made comments all through our dinner about how good the food was and they couldn't believe I had made it all from scratch.  I was happy to do something for them; after all they protected the man I loved and they all deserved to have a little bit of home brought to them.  They were all patting their stomachs saying how full they were until I mentioned dessert. 

 "What is it?" they all wanted to know.  I went and grabbed the cake platter with the most gorgeous cake on it and walked it over to the table.

  "Italian Cream Cake" I announced.  Suddenly they weren't that full.  I was so glad to see that there were no left overs either.  Once they had left the table I started clearing up, washing dishes and getting the kitchen clean.  I didn't mind, I loved staying busy.

Thirty minutes later I was done with my tasks, so I grabbed my glass of wine and topped it off and walked outside to the pool, sat down and soaked my feet in the lukewarm water.  

"You know you can use the pool anytime you want, bella" his smooth, rich voice floated over to me.  I turned around and asked him to join me so he pulled up a chair and sat right behind me allowing me to lean back and rest against his legs.  I felt his strong, beautiful hands massaging my shoulders.  "That was a wonderful thing you did for my men" he said.  I shrugged trying to play it down. 

 "I just wanted them to know that I appreciate everything they do to keep you safe" I replied.  He kept moving his hands down my back and up again to my shoulders and my neck.  "God that feels so amazing" I sighed as he worked his magic. 

 "I can work all this tenseness from your body a different way" he said seductively. 

 I brought his hands down to my breasts and said "I know you can."  

He was driving me crazy teasing my body with his hands; pulling me up he said "Inside. Our bed.  Now."  Who was I to argue with the man.  Lord help me, I was screaming his name three different times before he finally showed mercy on me and my body.