Chapter Four

September...

After school, I waited outside for Chasity. A couple minutes went by, and Chasity was no where to be found. I began to walk up the school steps as I opened up a new message. Bumping into someone, I stumbled back slightly. "Oh, sorry." Then I looked up. "Oh, hey.. Harry."

Harry scoffed. "So now you're stalking me now too?" he said very rudely.

I opened my mouth to scream at him, but I soon decided aginast it. "Thought so," he said.

Soon, Amanda came out, looking around as if she were looking for someone. She began to walk towards me. She stopped next to Harry, facing me, but instead of talking, she turned to Harry. "Hey, so I don't know if you wanted to ride in my car or...?" she trailed off.

They knew eachother? "I'm gonna follow behind you. Just meet me out front," he said.

Amanda smile slightly. "Great, I can't wait," she said with a wink before turning away.

I was almost speechless. "Y-you know her?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, she's in my music class."

"Well, why would you go to her house?" I asked curiously.

He sighed. "Must you ask so many questions?" I looked at him seriously. "Fine. She asked me to come over."

"I don't think you should go."

He laughed in my face. "And why is that? Not that I asked your opinion in the beginning or anything."

I moved closer to him a little. "She's kind of... a hoe," I said in a whisper.

"Wow," he scoffed. "Virgin Mary, miss perfect actually called someone a hoe. I'm impressed," he said with a smirk.

"Miss perfect?" I said, arching an eyebrow.

He nodded. "Yeah. Miss perfect. You act like you're better than everyone meanwhile you're just the same as everyone here -- including Amanda. So, you call her a hoe? You're a hoe too."

I was shocked. Who did this guy think he was? Like, honestly. "I-I'm not perfect. I don't act like that. And I'm not a hoe either. Why are you defending her anyways? You don't even know her," I said. I really didn't mean any of this in a mean way. I was just trying to protect Harry.

"None of your damn business. I'm leaving. I'll see you tomorrow," he said, and the moment he left, Chasity came out.

~~~

The car ride home was almost silent. "So, this Saturday... Amanda's having a party. Do you... maybe want to come?" she asked.

I wasn't really expecting that. "Um, what?" though I clearly heard her.

"Do you want to come with me?" she asked.

"You're going?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yeah, she came up to me and asked me if I was going. I don't know why, but she did. So, I said yes. I don't expect you to come though..."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, I guess just because a party isn't really your scene. You're kind of just a stay home on the weekends kind of girl."

I scoffed, not believing what I was hearing. "What?"

"Don't get me wrong. I really want you to come though."

"Fine."

"FIne?"

"Yeah."

"Like, you'll go?" she asked in a tone that I couldn't really recognize.