Chapter Twenty - Four

November...

"My mom?" I was confused. "Why was my mom here? Why did she leave?" My head hurt from the questions that flowed out of my mouth.

Harry looked red, but not the embarassed red. It was more like angry mixed in with a little of something else that I couldn't quite put my finger on. "She wanted to see you, but you were resting. She was raising her voice, and I was too, and we both decided that it was best for you that she left."

I couldn't tell if I should be angry at that or not. But I wasn't going to dwell on that. "So... you two spoke?" He nodded his head. "Well, do you guys get along then...?" I trailed off curiously.

Harry squinted his eyes. "Not exactly."

This conversation was not going to go well. So, I decided to change the subject. "So, um... did the nurses talk to you or anything?"

"Yeah."

I perched myself up in excitement. "So, what time can I go home?" I asked with a large smile plastered on my face.

Harry avoided my eyes and bit down on his lip as his face went hard. "Well, um, you can't go home tonight."

While cocking my head to the side, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Why not?" I asked.

Harry sighed. "Well, they said that they're going to need you here for overnight surveillance or whatever."

What. "B-but... why?"

Harry shrugged. "I don't know.."

"Well... what time are you leaving?" I asked hesitantly. I didn't want to ask him because I didn't want him to know my fear of being alone in the dark. I'm fine being with other people when I'm in the dark. but... alone... I can't. Because that's when my mind really gets me. That's when my mind takes over me with its constant dark thoughts.

Harry looked confused. "Me? Well... Well, I'm not."

My eyes widened, and I could feel the joy raise within me. "Why not?" I had to ask.

He shrugged with a crooked smile that made my heart race faster. "Why would I go when I have the choice to stay here with you?" he asked.

I smiled. "But you'll miss school." no matter how scared I was, I didn't want to mess Harry's life any more than I already have in the passed time that I've known him.

"Honestly, Diana, do you think I care?" he asked, and I smiled at his response.

"I love you."

"I love you, Diana."

~~~

I opened my eyes, and the light from my hospital room shined in my face. I tried to move myself, but I couldn't. I looked down at my hand and saw that Harry wasn't holding my hand like he was when I fell asleep, but he was still touching me. His pinky was intertwined with mine as if holding on for his life. My eyes traveled up his arm to him. He was laying back on the chair, and his legs were spread. His mouth was open slightly, and his breathing could've easily been mistaken for very light snoring. I smiled at the sight of him still being here. It's not that I was expecting him to leave me in the middle of the night.. I was just... concerned.

Harry's eyes opened slowly when the sun's ray shifted into his face. He moved so his hand, instead of just his pinky, was holding my hand. He got up and moved his chair closer to my bed. "Goodmorning," he said when his eyes met mine.

I smiled at him. "Hi," and then my eyes went wide, and I began laughing uncontrollably.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows as he sat up a little straighter. "Why are you laughing?" he asked curiously.