Chapter Thirteen

October...

"I'm sorry for my mom," I said in the middle of our drive to the school.

He nodded understandingly. "It's fine," he said, placing his hand on mine. "Listen, Diana. I know that you're probably thinking 'why now', right? You're probably thinking why I chose now to talk to you. And to be honest, I don't really know. But I just want you to know that what I do know is that I really like you," he said.

I smiled at him. "I really like you too," I said. And I wasn't exactly sure if I was telling the truth or not.

"I was thinking that maybe... we could go somewhere after homecoming..." he trailed off.

I bit down on my lower lip. H-he wanted to.... Oh my God. All I could do was nod my head.

We pulled into the school parking lot and Louis raced to my side to open the door for me. Corny, I thought to myself. We walked into the crowded auditorium hand-in-hand. "Do you want something to drink?" he asked after we took our seats at a random table.

I nodded my head. "Sure," I said. Once he was gone, I stood up and looked among the people for Harry, Chasity, or at least even Amanda. I didn't see Harry or Chasity, but Amanda was in the middle of the dance floor - shocker. I felt someone tap my shouler, and I turned around to see Louis.

"Are you okay?" Louis asked.

"Yeah," I said, taking my seat once again.

Louis looked at me and grabbed my hand. I felt awkward under his touch because I never expected this day to happen. I never expected to go to homecoming with Louis. Hell, I never expected to go to homecoming with anyone...

"Diana."

"Yeah?" I asked, snapping out of my trance.

"Did you hear me?" Louis asked.

But I shook my head. "No, what?"

Louis smiled slightly. "I asked if you wanted to dance."

Nodding my head, I tried to hear the song that was playing. It was a fast song. I didn't really dance well, but I didn't mind. I took a sip of my drink that Louis had given me and then followed him onto the dance floor. We danced four fast songs straight. And as I was begning to feel tired, I heard the song pattern change. It was a slow song. Louis held his hand out to me as a gesture. H-he wanted to slow dance? He took my hand brought his other hand to my waist. I removed my hands from his and wrapped my arms around his neck as we swayed to the music.

"Thank you for asking me to come with you..." I trailed off.

He smiled and guided my head so that it was resting on his shoulder. "I'm really glad that I did," he said.

And for a moment I felt wanted. I felt needed. But then thoughts popped into my head. I lifted my hand from his shoulder. "Why did you ask me anyways?" I asked curiously.

Louis's expression turned serious. "That doesn't matter."

I stopped dancing. "No, yes it does."

"Please dance with me," he said.

But I shook my head. "No, tell me."

"I'll tell you if dance with me," he said.

So I agreed. I began dancing again. "Okay, now tell me." I don't really know why I was so hung up on this. I mean, I did.

"Okay, but before I tell you anything... I want you to know that I really like you... a lot," he said. I nodded, and he continued. "Okay, well, you know my friends? Um... Josh, Zack-"