Chapter Nineteen

November...

I texted Harry. I told him that I wasn't going to school today. I just didn't feel like it. I felt sick. There was a knock on my bedroom door, but it didn't last for long. The door opened, and my mom's head popped in. "Hey, I brought you some soup," she said. As far as she's concered, she thinks I have the stomach flu and a cough. Half of it was true. I did have a cough.

She came in and placed the tray on my bed. "Thanks," I said, coughing into my sweater as I pulled the blanket over me some more. I expected her to leave, but she didn't.

"Also, there's someone here for you," she said before leaving.

Checking the time on my phone, I groaned. Who would be here at 11:26 AM? I don't even want to be awake right now. But soon, my thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Someone's head popped in the doorway, making me immediately reach for my bracelets.

I put on my bracelets before taking the tray, shaking because I had no idea what was about to happen. "Harry..." I trailed off.

Harry rushed to my side after closing the door. He adjusted the tray so that the bowl wouldn't fall as I sat up in my bed. I clung onto my sweater, not wanting the cold to touch me. "Are you okay, Diana? What's wrong?" he asked, a sense of urgency in his voice.

I took a sip of the soup and felt the warmth of the soup slide down my throat. "I'm okay... just a little sick. Why aren't you at school?" I asked.

"I wanted to be here with you." Harry went to other side of the bed and laid down, putting his arm around me.

"But I don't want you to miss class just because of me..." I trailed off. I already felt bad about Tyler, and now I feel bad because Harry's missing his classes just to be with me.

Harry smiled and touched my hand. "It's okay. I'm not missing much anyway, It's school," Harry laughed.

I smiled at his remark and took another sip of my soup. "You would say that," I said with a slight laugh.

Harry's smile faded a bit. "Diana... I'm sorry about um, yesterday... I just got carried away..." he trailed off.

My face fell as I took in more soup. "It's okay."

He took my hand and squeezed it. "No, really. I'm sorry. I was just... upset, I guess... that I saw you talking to him. I don't know. That doesn't matter anymore, anyways. I just want you to know that I'm really sorry. And I know that I said some pretty hurtful things... and I need you to understand that I did not mean any of it. I just get angry sometimes... and I'm sorry."

I nodded. "Really, it's okay..." I trailed off.

"I love you," he said, kissing my cheek.

Smiling, I replied. "I love you too," I said, setting my soup aside.

"You're done with your soup?" he asked, getting up from the bed.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm full," I lied. Truth was... I was hungry - really hungry... but I couldn't stand eating any more. I couldn't stand getting any fatter that I already was. He went to get the tray and headed for the door. "Wait, where are you going?" I asked, getting up a little to fast, causing me a head rush.

Harry smiled and laughed a little bit. "Calm down," he said, and I sat back down slowly. "I'm only bringing this down to the kitchen," he said, referring to the tray and dishes.

I ndoded. "Oh... okay... Can you bring me water?" I asked.

Harry continued his smile, but this time, his dimples popped out more. "Of course," and he disappeared from my view.

Minutes later, Harry stumbles in, almost breathless. I sat up in my bed urgently. "Harry? What's wrong?" I asked, attempting to get up, but my pulsing head ache stopped me.

"N-nothing."

"Well then why are you breathless?" I asked.

Harry handed you a bottle of water and just shook his head. "It's nothing. I promise," he said, going back to his side of the bed.

I took a large drink from the water and then set it asde. I turned to Harry. "I'm really glad you're here, Harry. Thank you, again," I said.

Harry smiled at me. "I would do anything for you."

My heart races at his words. I want to tell him that I love him, but I don't know if I can. So, instead, I just nod my head. Harry leaned closer to me, his lips just centemeters from mine. I can feel his breath on me, and I love it. I feel his hand move to mine as he pulls my body closer to him. I attempt not to wince at my headache. His lips brushed against mine lightly, but before he could completely force his lips unto mine, a loud ringing pierced through my sensitive ears.

I flinched at the pain and Harry's hand immediately flew to my phone and answered it, taking the pain away. "Hello?" Harry asked, immediately becoming angry at the person calling. "No, she can't talk right now." Pause. "I said that she can't fucking talk right now." There was another pause. "Are you fucking deaf? Holy fuck. She can't talk, so bye," he said then hung up the phone. Before my phone could ring again, he shut off my phone.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Chasity," he said.

My eyes widened. "What? Why'd you talk to her like that? She's my friend - my best friend... my only friend. You can't just talk to my ONLY friend like that..." I trailed off.

Harry scoffed and shook his head. "We went over this already, Diana. She's not your friend. You and I both know that your relationship with her is one-sided, and you don't deserve to be treated like that. You need somone who will treat you the way you treat them. And by the way... she's not your only friend. I'm your friend," Harry spoke, taking my hand in his.

His harsh words were overlooked in my mind by his later kind ones. And the truth was that he was right. Well, he was mostly right. Mine and Chasity's relationship was one sided. I do treat her way better than she treats me. And she really probably isn't my friend. But I don't deserve better. I barely deserve her. "Thank you."

Harry smiled and kissed my lips lightly. "I love you," he said.

But I didn't know what to say. I'm pretty sure that I love him. But I don't know... there was something keeping me from telling him that I love him. So, I nodded and shut my eyes, resting my head back on my pillow. I was relaxing. I heard Harry turn my phone on, and there were several vibrations, but I'd assumed that they were the missed calls from Chasity. So, I let the vibrations sooth me even more. The pulsing in my head became very... light after a while, but the soft light pounding was still in there, pressing on my temples like little warriors... my humanity... trying to escape my inner most dark secrets and thoughts. But the pouding, like most terrible things in relation to me... came back. It was the utter most terrible pain I've ever experienced. And it was all because of Harry's voice that came back like a thunder in the middle of my head.

"Who the fuck is Zayn!?"

(Okay, so like... Harry plays Harry obviousy. Zayn is obviously going to play Zayn. But Tyler... he's played by Louis. And I think I'm gonna change his name to Louis. Probably. So, from now on, Tyler's gonna be Louis. Okay. Cool. Bye.)