Chapter Thirty - Two

January...

"Diana? What are you doing here?"

"Zayn..." I trailed off, not knowing what else to say. I was so lost in my head that I had no idea what else to do but to just - and I hugged him.

His body tensed up, but he quickly untensed his body and returned my hug. "What are you doing here?" he asked into my hair.

I pulled away from the hug. "I-I don't know."

"Where's your boyfriend?" he asked, letting me inside of his house.

I walked inside, and he closed the door behind me. No one was home but him. I sensed it, and suddenly the regret hit me. "Harry? He's at my house."

Zayn furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Your boyfriend is at your house... and you're here? With me?" I didn't respond. "I don't see how that makes sense. Shouldn't you be with him?" Zayn asked.

"I should."

"Then why aren't you?"

I was starting to get seriously annoyed. "Who are you, my mother?"

Zayn put his hands up. "Just asking."

"Well, stop asking. It's getting annoying," I said lightly, not wanting to make him feel bad.

There was a brief moment of silence. "So, what exactly are you doing here?" Zayn asked.

I shrugged because well, I didn't really know. I didn't really have anyone to talk to but him and Chasity. And Chasity and Harry, I guess you could say, are close. Let's face it. Chasity would definietely tell Harry was I'd said the moment after I left. So, I tried to avoid that... by going to Zayn..? Crap. "I don't know," I said honestly.

He looked at me with pure confusion in his eyes and facial expression. "You don't know?" he asked.

The doorbell rang at that instant and I felt a pang in my heart and a warning in my throat and head. "Shit."

"What happened? Do you know who that is?" he asked curiously, before heading to the door.

I ran in front of Zayn, holding my arms out to stop him. "No no no, you can't answer the door. You have to um, you have to go."

"Go? This is my house," Zayn said with a smile.

He thought I was joking. "I know, I know. I meant that I need you to just... hide," and I pushed him away before opening the door - coming face to Harry. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

Harry passed me. "Where is he?" Harry asked as he walked into the living room to the dining room to the kitchen , etc etc.

"Where is who?"

"Don't act you don't know who I'm talking about," Harry said quickly.

"I don't," I lied.

Harry shook his head and slammed the doors of every single room of the house open and shut. "Where the fuck is he?" Harry asked, his voice becoming a raspy sound.

It was the first I've heard his voice get like this. "Harry, I don't know what you're talking about. I just came here to think. Let's go back," I said, trying to pull myself out of the mess that I was in.

"No, I'm going to fucking find that piece of shit. He thinks that he can take you from me? If he does then that motherfucker has so much shit ahead of him."

Shit. It wasn't working. "Who are you talking about?" I asked, attempting to pull him towards the door.

"Fucking Zayn. That's who! I know that he's here. How else would you have gotten in here?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, lying with each and every move I make and word that I say. "Harry, he's not here. Let's go," I said, tugging at his shirt.

Harry looked down at me, and it looked as if something in his mind clicked and he just kind of agreed and walked with me.

Harry's POV.

"Fucking Zayn. That's who! I know that he's here. How else would you have gotten in here?" I was beyond fucking pissed. When I find Zayn... oh shit. When I find him, I swear, I'm going to fucking kill him.

Diana's voice got softer... more gentle... more fragile. "Harry, he's not here. Let's go." There was a begging sound in her voice that made me look at her after trying not to because I knew that if I did, this would happen. Her eyes sparkled in the each and every sunlit room. She tugged at my shirt like a child would, and her frail words... it snapped me out of my demonic phase, and I agreed to go only because she and I were already in shit. I dind't want to make it worse by killing her ex fling, even though I have every right to do so.

So, I let her drag me out of the house. Once we got back to hers, we went straight up to her room in silence. I was silent, and she was silent, and as I much a needed the silence, I needed to talk to her more. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?" She asked, but I knew that she wasn't okay as much as I knew that Zayn was in that house.

So, I ignored her reply. "Why did you lie to me?" I asked. Just saying the words pained me.

"When did I lie to you?"

"You can't possibly think that I believed you back there when you said that he wasn't in the that house. I know you were lying. So, why'd you lie."

She fought back her smile, and it was cute, but it also pained me knowing that she wanted to be mad at me. "Because I don't want you two to fight. I've seen you hurt someone before, and I've seen him hurt someone before. I wouldn't want to see that happen between you two. And if you knew I was lying, then why'd you come here?"

I shrugged. "Because."

She lowered her eyes at me. "Harry," she scolded.

So I let out a well needed sigh. "Because I knew that it meant a lot to you to come back here. Even though that I knew that he was in that house, and I was upset that you went to him of all goddamn people... I don't care. Because when you begged me, it triggered something in me that told me to get the hell out of there if I wanted you in my life. And I do want you in my life."

And she finally smiled.

And I wasn't in pain anymore.

And suddenly, I didn't care about Zayn or her or how she lied or even how she went to him.

Because she's with me now, and that's all that matters.

(Sorry, I know this was short!)