Chapter Fourty - Two

March...

After that, we didn't talk about it anymore. He didn't ask me to stop cutting. He just told me to maybe, do it less. He also asked me to prevent it, if I could. I'd asked him how, and he told me that if ever I felt like I might cut, to call him. I haven't cut yet, but it's only been a week. So far, I'm doing pretty good. I just wanted to do this for Harry. I mean, he deserves at least that, right?

I knocked on Harry's bedroom door. I've been doing it a lot recently. I've been spending a lot of my nights at his place... and not at mine. I knocked again, and decided just to open the door. I stuck my head through the doorway and saw Harry look up from his laptop to me. "Hey, can I come in?" I asked.

He nodded, putting his now shut laptop on the carpetted floor. "Yeah, of course."

I smiled and quickly walked in, shutting the door in front of me. I walked to Harry and took my place next to him.

"You know you don't have to knock every time you come in here, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I know," I said, picking at the skin beside my fingernails, nervously.

"Then why do you still do it?" he asked, not in a scolding sense. Instead, it was more of a comforting feeling that I got from his words.

I shrugged. "I don't know." My responses were small, like they've been for a while now.

"Okay, what's wrong?" he said, finally.

I shook my head. "W-what do you mean?"

"I mean, are we okay?"

"Of course we're okay.." I trailed off.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "C'mon, Di. Don't play stupid with me. You're not the same, okay? You haven't been for a while now. Not ever since I found out that you still cut... It's been bugging me, because you've changed. You're responses have been cut short. You stay over all the time, yet find a way to distance yourself from me. And seriously? You feel the need to knock on my door just to come into my room. You've never done that. Ever. We used to be in this relationship - this amazing, love filled relationship. A relationship like Anna and Vronsky. Now, we're more like Anna and Alexei. What happened to us? What happened to you? I miss the old Diana - the one that I want to spend my whole life loving. I don't know what you did with her, but I just... really want her back."

I was shocked at his words. Speak. Say something! I yelled at myself. "Anna and Vronsky had a forbidden relationship, Harry. We were nothing like that. Other than my mother not wanting us together. But other than that... not really... And Anna and Alexei were in an arranged marriage. She was unhappy. I'm not unhappy with you."

He sighed, and got up. "You know what I mean." It was silent. Then he spoke again. "I'm going to the kitchen... I'll probably make dinner."

I nodded. And once the door shut, with him on the other side, I let my head hit the headboard. "God, I'm an idiot," I whispered to myself.

There was a knock on the door a second later. "Can I come in?" a familiar voice spoke behind the closed door.

"Yeah, sure.." I trailed off.

And Camille came in. "Hey..." she trailed off and came in.

Kendall followed her, and I was shocked because I wasn't expecting her to be there. I only expected Camille. "Hey, Diana."

I nodded at them, as I felt a chill run up my legs. I rubbed my legs to warm them up. "Hey, guys."

"We, uhm.. we heard what happened," Kendall said as they took a seat on the bed.