Chapter Twenty - Three

November...

Harry's POV

Shit. Shit. Shit. What is going to happen when she gets here? Oh my God. This is bad. This is really fucking bad. First I find out that they have to keep her over night, then her birthday's in two days, and now her mom's on her way to proabably blame me for all the shit that happened today.

I take my seat in the waiting room because I didn't want her mom to walk in the room and start yelling and wake Diana up. The moment she walks through the door, she sees me. She walks straight up to me and points her finger at me. "You. You... Ugh. I can't even begin to explain my hatred for you. You... You're the reason that my daughter is in the hospital, aren't you? What did you do? Huh?"

I tried to stay calm. I had my fists clenched to my sides, but I would never hit a girl. No matter what. No matter how... gruesome or bitchy that girl is. Never... would I hit a girl. "I didn't do anything." But I was lying. If I hadn't gotten up. If I hadn't threatened to leave... she wouldn't have gotten up and fainted. No... instead, she was being the amazing person that she was, and she followed me.

Her mom scoffed. "Oh, please. What did you do? D'you hit her? Probably. I know your type, and that's exactly what you do. You pretend to care, and when you don't get what you want, you beat her. And that's the kind of person that you will always be."

I felt the anger rising in me... It was almost as high as the hatred that I had for the woman standing in front of me. "Who do you think you are...? Coming in here and judging me. I don't think you even know the first thing about being me. But if you must know, I don't hit girls... I never have, and I never will."

She scoffed again and crossed her arms. "Where's my daughter anyways?" she asked.

"Sleeping. Resting. She didn't want to, but I asked her to. Because unlike some people, I actually care about her."

"And what is that supposed to mean?" She asked, but quickly spoke again. "Nevermind. Just show me to my daughter."

My eyes widened, and I felt my heart begin to race. But I didn't know why. "Um, I think it's best that you don't go see her."

She stopped and pressed her hand against her hip. "And why is that?" she asked.

"Because she's resting. You don't want to interrupt her, do you?" I said, biting down on my lower lip, taking in my lip ring.

She looked at me with disgust. "If you don't tell me what room she's in in the next three seconds, I'll find out myself."

I sighed. I didn't want to tell her. Fuck, I didn't even want to be looking at her right now. But I had to... so. "Fine. Just follow me." and she did. After a series of hallways and rooms, we go to Diana's room.

She walked into Diana's room, and I followed behind her. We were both silent until I heard Diana's mother begin to cry. Her sob was almost loud enough to wake up Diana. almost. And it was only then that I realized how bad Diana had looked. She didn't look damaged. But she had bruises. She had a bruise on the right side of her face from where she fell, and she had bruises on her arms from where they had put needles in. Her face was flushed, and her chest moved like a dying horse trying to get up from its side. But her numbers were good.

"I think you should leave now..." I said, putting my arm around the woman's shoulder. I didn't like her, but I couldn't imagine the pain she could possibly be going through.

She flinched. "Don't touch me. You did this to her. Those... those bruises on her face. You did it. I know you did."

"No I didn't!" I said, my voice raising.

She wiped her tears. "Then how'd she get them?"

"She fainted. Now I think it's time for you to go. They told me that she had to stay overnight. I'll call you in the morning when we're leaving."

"You're going to stay with her?"

"Of course."

She shook her head. "I don't think so."

"Why not? I'm the one that's been with her the whole day."

"And look how that turned out."

I clenched my fists at my sides. "This is the last fucking time that I'm going to tell you. I didn't do that shit to her. So you can leave now, or I can do it for you."

"Are you threatening me?"

I thought about it. "Threatening? no. Looking out for what's in your best interest? yes."

She let out a frustrated sigh and left, slamming the door behind her. That was easier than I thought it would be.

I began pacing back and forth. Would I tell Diana who that was when she wakes up? I mean, what if she gets mad at me? I just won't tell her then.

"Harry? Are you okay?" her beautiful angelic voice coursed through my dark veins. Shit.